Kamado E6 - first cook

I like both a lot. But I’ll give it a shot.

The Kamado:
Is much easier to use as a smoker due to the lower charcoal position.
Its very efficient, uses little charcoal. Come to temp quickly.
It is more stable in the wind.
Has a 24 in grate.
Lid thermometer is pretty accurate.

The Performer:
Easy to clean.
Smoking can be a tad tricky. Requires snakes or baskets.
Weighs a lot less. Easier to move around.
There are so many accessories … Slow and Sear, rotisserie, vortex, etc. This is an important and really favors the Performer.

Bottom line - whatever you can cook on a Performer you can cook on the Kamado but not necessarily the other way around. There is no rotisserie for the Kamado. This is a big deal for me as I use mine quite often. If I did not get the Kamado, I do not think I would have missed it as I have 2 WSMs and a Performer. My plan was to sell the 2 WSMs and the Performer. Now the plan is to sell the 22 WSM as I no longer cook for big crowds and my daughter is taking the 14. The Performer is staying. I just can’t part with it.

I guess, at the end of the day, I have a greater appreciation for Performers and Smokey Mountains and what one can do with them.

That all being said, the E6 Kamado is a fantastic product and I have no regrets purchasing it. I will end up with the Kamado, Performer, and Genesis II (for CA no burn days). I would recommend the E6 in a heart beat.

I am glad I got one!

I like both a lot. But I’ll give it a shot.

The Kamado:
Is much easier to use as a smoker due to the lower charcoal position.
Its very efficient, uses little charcoal. Come to temp quickly.
It is more stable in the wind.
Has a 24 in grate.
Lid thermometer is pretty accurate.

The Performer:
Easy to clean.
Smoking can be a tad tricky. Requires snakes or baskets.
Weighs a lot less. Easier to move around.
There are so many accessories … Slow and Sear, rotisserie, vortex, etc. This is an important and really favors the Performer.

Bottom line - whatever you can cook on a Performer you can cook on the Kamado but not necessarily the other way around. There is no rotisserie for the Kamado. This is a big deal for me as I use mine quite often. If I did not get the Kamado, I do not think I would have missed it as I have 2 WSMs and a Performer. My plan was to sell the 2 WSMs and the Performer. Now the plan is to sell the 22 WSM as I no longer cook for big crowds and my daughter is taking the 14. The Performer is staying. I just can’t part with it.

I guess, at the end of the day, I have a greater appreciation for Performers and Smokey Mountains and what one can do with them.

That all being said, the E6 Kamado is a fantastic product and I have no regrets purchasing it. I will end up with the Kamado, Performer, and Genesis II (for CA no burn days). I would recommend the E6 in a heart beat.

I am glad I got one!
Thank for this write up, it helps me alot.

Back