Just Some Sausages For Lunch

I have a great story...

Buddy of mine and myself went to a White Sox Vs Yankees game in Chicago many many years ago and being from Canada when the vendor came down the aisle we ordered a couple hot dogs. My buddy asked the vendor “do you have any ketchup?“ The vendor said “ya man no problem I can run in and get you some”.... Well for the next 3 innings the whole section and sections around us were chanting “Ketchup...Ketchup...Ketchup...!”

It was classic!

Anyways, I had grilled onions as well that you don’t see on the pic. I put those on mine and bbq sauce. My wife likes the traditional KMR. She hasn’t gotten the chant yet from an American ballpark!

Buddy of mine and myself went to a White Sox Vs Yankees game in Chicago many many years ago and being from Canada when the vendor came down the aisle we ordered a couple hot dogs. My buddy asked the vendor “do you have any ketchup?“ The vendor said “ya man no problem I can run in and get you some”.... Well for the next 3 innings the whole section and sections around us were chanting “Ketchup...Ketchup...Ketchup...!”
Being from out of the country I guess you can't be faulted for not knowing about putting ketchup on a hot dog when in Chicago, but the vendor was absolutely wrong in getting you some. He should've told you in no uncertain terms to get it yourself, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was fired after the game for aiding and abetting such egregious behavior.;)

The sausages look great, too! If I order one somewhere I usually get it dipped, and when I grill them at home I use mustard when they're alone and red sauce if I'm going to top them with cheese and put them under the broiler.

Yea Chicagoans take Italian/Polish and Hot dogs pretty seriously LOL.
I was surprised when I worked out of state and found so many areas that had no idea what a good Italian sausage was..

Back