Just Some Chicken Quarters and Skillet Potatoes

ChristopherC

TVWBB Super Fan
Whipped up some skillet potatoes and chicken quarters tonight on the Performer. Used a little Pecan wood - nice flavor on the chicken and even potatoes.

For the potatoes, I used sliced yellow potatoes seasoned with some roasted red pepper and garlic plus seasoning, then dumped some sautéed onions and garlic in a stick of melted butter on top. Last 10 minutes added cheddar cheese and bacon bits.

Turned out very good. If I was to do it again I would give the potatoes about an extra 15 minutes and/or throw them in the oven to broil at the end. It was a windy night and 1 hour didn’t seem to get the potatoes as far as I would like.

4BAAB371-6A5A-4877-9FF8-728FDF792943.jpeg

5EFF6DED-D8E6-49EE-AC2F-7E1AED06CF69.jpeg

I am a huge fan of "Just Chicken"! :) The quarters look great, and I'll be stealing the skillet taters for sure. I'll be doing a couple of whole chickens this weekend, and those taters will fit nicely on the grill next to the chickies!

R

Chicken looks great, I could eat both of them......but not at 11 at night ;)
I'm doing a cook tonight after work, I'm sure it's been posted before but I will be taking some pics and posting what I am doing
It's another first so we will see, have to pray I can cook hot enough tonight.

We actually ate at 8:15 for Monday Night Football. Just didn't post til after the game. Was gonna make my pork butt tonight, but looks like it will have to move to tomorrow.

Back