Just returned from Sam's Club

LMichaels

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
So just got back from Sam's and decided to get the Member's Mark Grill and Oven Cleaner. I was very unhappy with the Zep product I used on the Q's I was "deep cleaning". Maybe I will give it a try next week on my own as it was the worst.
Also came back with another interesting find I cannot wait to try. I have been wanting to try this for a very long time but it's always been too spendy. But this time at $15.98 for a large 3 pack I just had to go for it
20200902_171804.jpg

So just got back from Sam's and decided to get the Member's Mark Grill and Oven Cleaner. I was very unhappy with the Zep product I used on the Q's I was "deep cleaning". Maybe I will give it a try next week on my own as it was the worst.
Also came back with another interesting find I cannot wait to try. I have been wanting to try this for a very long time but it's always been too spendy. But this time at $15.98 for a large 3 pack I just had to go for it
View attachment 13184

I've always wanted to try that premium ground beef too. I'll be interested to see what you think of it.

I think you will be impressed with the Members Mark Grill Cleaner. I don't think I need to tell you, but exercise care in using it. Very strong alkali. I have scars on my legs to prove what it can do!:eek:

Last edited:
So, what does "WAGYU" mean or stand for?

I think wagyu is a Japanese breed of cattle. I'm pretty sure they are raised in both the US and Japan. It's supposed to be exceptionally tender and flavorful. And expensive.

Before wagyu there was kobe beef. I think they fed the cattle beer and massaged them daily, made me wish I was a cow, right up until dinner time...then oh, he11 no.

Wagyu is the Kobe breed but raised in the US. So no photos, sorry no time. Crazy night. Anyway the burgers were quite nice. I will not say "incredible" because I would be lying. You can definitely tell the difference in the raw beef. Wagyu beef has fat that melts at very low temps. So it will literally melt in your fingers. And you can feel that difference when handling the raw meat. Your hands feel "greasy" from it. Lots of shrinkage on the burgers BTW. Especially if you make them thinner. The diameter goes away pretty quickly. I would ONLY use this meat for burgers btw. Not meatloaf, bolognese, tacos or anything like that. Too fatty. I like using leaner stuff for that. Typically I will grind my own anyway so I can control it.
Bottom line though good burgers and the meat was on sale at only $5.99lb so the 3lb pack was basically $18.00. I will buy it again if it becomes a regular item, but not if it gets more expensive

Looking forward to reading your impressions Larry. I've seen it but we grind our own so I haven't tried it.

Back