Just pulled the trigger

Hugh Albrecht

Just pulled the trigger and bought the 22.5 from Amazon. Great price, especially with no shipping or tax. Lowest any store would go around here was 399 plus 7% sales tax. Hopefully can get a few cooks in before the snow flies.

Welcome! I too have a new 18.5 WSM set up waiting for her Maiden Voyage tomorrow morning. This is a Great site with Great Folks!

You can learn tons of info here.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

ps: What is this thing you call snow?
icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome! I haven't been around very long but I can assure you that this site has some great information. I got my WSM 18.5 a few months ago and absolutely love it. If you have any questions whatsoever, don't hesitate to ask. Someone around here will give you an answer.

Welcome Hugh, Congrats on your purchase. No need to worry about the snow. I use my WSM all year long.

Great to hear about your new toy!
But you do know that snow should never stop a man from smoking or grilling, right?
Be sure to take pics and share them here of your first smoke!

Hugh,
I don't know that cold alone causes a problem. As I understand it, wind is the worst concern. Cold and wind combined can't be good. You can find a couple of different approaches to insulating the cooker under the operating and modifications section of this website.

Cold isn't likely to be a problem for me, but wind could be.

I live in Buffalo, NY where we get a bunch of snow...I plan on building a snow wall around the smoker to keep the wind out. =)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason U:
I live in Buffalo, NY where we get a bunch of snow...I plan on building a snow wall around the smoker to keep the wind out. =) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Snow... Is that the white stuff I see on the news? We are in a 100 year drought here and would love to see anything wet.

Hugh, Congrats on your new smoker!

Back