Just picked up my latest restoration project. 2000s Weber Genesis Silver B with Hunter Green Lid.

TylerHonschopp

TVWBB Member
Purchased from the original owners. I finally found a Hunter Green genesis worthy of a restoration. This is going to be for my uncle who has been wanting an older Genesis.

Even came with the original owners manual!

The frame is in decent shape but is still going to get repainted so that it lasts a long time. I'll be tearing it down soon and then the work shall begin!

Here are some before photos, in great condition already.

1000007132.jpg

1000007128.jpg
1000007129.jpg

Attachments

• 1000007127.jpg
    1000007127.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 8
Purchased from the original owners. I finally found a Hunter Green genesis worthy of a restoration. This is going to be for my uncle who has been wanting an older Genesis.

Even came with the original owners manual!

The frame is in decent shape but is still going to get repainted so that it lasts a long time. I'll be tearing it down soon and then the work shall begin!

Here are some before photos, in great condition already.

View attachment 91919

View attachment 91920
View attachment 91921

And why does this needa to be restored?? Looks like its already done :)

Thanks for pointing that out John. Upon review, I see the threaded insert.

That makes life easier 1/4 20’s are readily available
Just a heads-up... These are for the plastic ends that don't have threaded inserts. I think his ends have the inserts (which are 1/4-20 thread).
s

Thanks everyone, yes indeed the owners manual specifies those fasteners as (2) 1/4-20.

I completely forgot about a jar of random Weber hardware that I harvested from some years ago when doing a previous restoration. I found 2 of the exact fastener I needed!

Teardown begins this week.

1000007180.jpg

Nice! I have the exact same grill. Purchased new around 2000. Will be interested to see what you do to it. It already looks in better shape than mine, though mine is in pretty decent shape.

Recently upgraded the flavorizer bars and the grates from what are in yours to these and really like them.

These are, in my opinion, the best options among the myriad of Asian imported flavorizer bars and grates. Only Dave Santana aka "rcplanebuyer" makes anything better. You can still get his flavorizer bars, but I am not sure whether he has resumed making grates. Not to worry, because the ones you bought are VERY fine and should give you many years of good service.

Back