Just Picked up Genesis SPX 435 Smart Grill

Josh Dekubber

TVWBB All-Star
She's a big girl. Only one year old but dirty AF. I'm on my way home with her right now. Tight fit in the back of my truck. She might be dirty but she looks to be in perfect condition and everything's there including AC cord+ meat probes. Not sure yet if I want to flip it or keep it. I think I'm going to clean it up and I will clean up my LX 340 and my two S330s put them all up for sale and see what I'm left with last. I'm definitely keeping my LX 240 2 burner and this might go good with that. My herd of Genesis 1000s and 2000 are going to stick with me for now. I'm not ready to sell any of them yet.

20240805_164127~2.jpg

Am I seeing correctly or do I see fire extinguisher residue? A few dents but otherwise all there. Too nosy to ask what you invested to get it?

Am I seeing correctly or do I see fire extinguisher residue? A few dents but otherwise all there. Too nosy to ask what you invested to get it?
Nope no dents at all and no fire extinguisher residue. Just dirty but excellent condition. Home now and looking it over. It looks great.

Cost me $250 but I got a full propane tank so really cost me around $200. I'm low on propane also so that's handy

Sounds like you got a home run there Josh. If I grabbed it, I would probably clean it up and try for a quick and easy flip, but I would be tempted to keep it and cook on it too.

I don't doubt that if you lived in a metro high income area. A guy with a couple putty knives, rags and Grill cleaner and simple green could probably spend an hour on a grill and charge $100.

And I agree, I can't imagine a situation where I would pay someone to clean my grill. Maybe if I was invalid, but then I probably wouldn't be doing much grilling anyway.

When I lived in Richmond I did a few grill jobs. I cleaned a neighbors grill for $50 and went on two very easy fixes for 2 people for $50 apiece. One turned out to be a bad tank and the other just needed to teach her to turn the grill on the correct way. There is a market for this.

Sounds like you got a home run there Josh. If I grabbed it, I would probably clean it up and try for a quick and easy flip, but I would be tempted to keep it and cook on it too.
I’d fire it up and get it real hot, scrape the grates real good. Let it cool off for the evening and cook on it the next day. Then, I’d decide if I’m keeping it or flipping it.

Still dirty AF. I just ate some dinner and thought I'd go back out and take another look. Lights work except I need to get batteries for The handlebar lights. Looks like it's never had batteries in it before.

I'll have to do some reading on the smart features.
20240805_200815-2-jpg.97579
20240805_200831~2.jpg

Attachments

• 20240805_200815~2.jpg
    20240805_200815~2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 73
I’d fire it up and get it real hot, scrape the grates real good. Let it cool off for the evening and cook on it the next day. Then, I’d decide if I’m keeping it or flipping it.
Yeah, that's a decision that needs to be made before the big clean up.

Back