Just got a great CL deal on a WSM

Wayne Dimirsky

TVWBB Super Fan
I was looking on the local CL Friday night and saw an ad for a WSM. It said it was like new and had only been used about three times.

I could tell from the pictures that it was an older version because it had the wooden handle on the lid.

I tried calling many times but got no response. I finally sent an email and the lady contacted me yesterday by email and said they were out of town and would be coming back in today and that it was still available.

I was driving home from work when she called and said I was the first on the list of people that had left messages on her machine. She didn't know I was the one who had also emailed her. I turned around and went and looked at it.

It had a weber cover on it. I pulled the cover off and opened it up. The grates were slightly rusty and the charcoal bowl had water standing in it. I took the entire thing apart and dumped the water out. It had some rust stains but no damage. Other than that, the inside of the smoker was clean. You couldn't tell that it had ever been used. The wooden handle has turned dark but its in great shape otherwise. The vents all open and close great and everything seems to be pretty much in round.

I gave them their $65 asking price and took it home. It's an EZ code so its from 1998. They even had the original manual for it. I cleaned it up when I got it home. It was too dark for pictures but I will take some when I can.

I didn't really need another WSM but couldn't pass up this deal.

Wayne

Sounds like a good deal to me!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Here are some quick pictures of my new WSM as well as the one I just got for $65.
005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

002-3.jpg

001-5.jpg

The WSM that I just got is the one with the wooden lid handle. I couldn't get very good pictures because the car was in the way and it was starting to rain again. You can see all of my other Weber grills in the background.

Wayne

great deal, Wayne! I just bought a 2006 18.5" WSM off CL last night and I paid a lot more for it than you did. Still feel like I got a good deal.

I do need to take a picture of all of the grills. My fiancee says I have way too many.

I need to fire up the newest addition WSM soon.

Wayne

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wayne Dimirsky:
My fiancee says I have way too many.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny, I hear the same thing from my wife. I say the same thing about her shoes! I also conveniently point out that she can eat the food that comes off the grill(s) but I can't wear her shoes...(NOT THAT I WOULD WANT TO!) That generally stops the conversation fairly quickly.

Back