Just Finished My Genesis Silver B

Looks like a new one, Brian! Very nice work! It's a shame to have to use it when it looks that good.

I wish my garage was as clean as yours.

Late to the party, but let me say that looks GREAT! If it is a keeper, I am sure you are going to have a hard time setting food on it the first time 😆 !
Besides the really early 1-5, x000 grills, those late Silvers are probably my favorite Genesis grills.

Late to the party, but let me say that looks GREAT! If it is a keeper, I am sure you are going to have a hard time setting food on it the first time 😆 !
Besides the really early 1-5, x000 grills, those late Silvers are probably my favorite Genesis grills.
Yup. It’s a keeper, but I’ve already used it twice. I am about to get started on a Genesis 1000. I’m going to figure out which one I like better and that one will stay with me, the other will go Up North to my parent’s cottage. My Dad’s been wanting a gas grill up there.

My feeling is that you will find that the 1000 cooks slightly better, even if taking a little longer to get fully hot. If it has wood slats, it also evokes a lot more charm than the newer grill. That nice Silver B, on the other hand, will also cook very well, and, I would have to admit, it is a lot more practical to use and clean. Yet it still has the classic Weber build quality and style. You really can't lose either way! :coolkettle:

Looks awesome. Great job. This model was my first Weber. I personally prefer these over the X000 series because of the higher counter top height. Being tall every inch counts.

I used to own a Silver B and it was WAY shorter than my 2000. Like 4" and it was not modified in any way nor is my 2000. Maybe they did running changes on them from customer feedback, but being too short was one reason I sold it to.............................you guessed it.........................a short guy. Not a joke I really did LOL

Larry,
Was yours an early Silver B with an open cart? I know the last Silver B/C's, mostly with closed in carts, are TALLER than a comparable 1000/2000's. That is one thing I really like about them. Even my last year Silver A is about 3 inches taller than the early Silver A that the Skyline 2-burner was based on. You may have seen this in my post about a Tale of Two 2-burners.

Yeah it was an open cart, with IIRC a wire rack bottom. Next to the 2000 it looked like a miniature toy grill

Back