Just a Couple Of Rainy Day Cooks

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Yeah,I know it's Cinco de Mayo,but Pammi and I weren't in a mood for mexican. So,I decided to try out my new drumstick rack. I've been looking at them since doing the bacon wrapped bbq legs for this years suoer bowl. Every one I looked at was either "non stick" or $20. I found a SS one at Tractor Supply for $8. So,I went for it. Fairly sturdy,and holds 12 legs or wings! I bought a small pack of good size legs and seasoned them with Webers Kickin' Chicken. Indirect on the Genesis(like I said,it's raining) for about 45 minutes. Dipped 'em in Sticky Fingers Memphis BQ sauce for the last 5.
th_0505131150_zpsec6f97b5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I only got the one shot of them right after I put them on. Very good and the rack is definately worth the $8!

The local Earth Fare,kinda like Whole Foods but with less stuff n smaller stores,sent out an e-mail coupon for $10/lb choice or better rib eyes and big old honkin' shrimps! The shrimps are for tomorrows dinner,but the steak was for tonite! I just got one that was about a pound and a half More than enough for Pammi and me. Served with some baked taters,grilled onions and corn on the cob from TJ's.
th_0505131816_zps7c372e0e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
As usual,no plated shots,but wow! What an awesome steak! I shoulda got another while the coupon was still good! ;)

Ive been kinda wanting one of those leg racks. I will check out Tractor Supply thanks for the tip.

Back