Junkyard find

Mikey B.

TVWBB Member
Well, not really a junkyard but the town dump. I happened to be there when someone was struggling to toss this in the scrap metal dumpster. What first caught my eye was the grey hood, unusual and attractive and in good shape. When I walked over to take a closer look I could see the frame was also in excellent shape. Same with the firebox and the wheels. So what could I do? This grill will be 99% usable with just a pressure wash.

Anyway, I took almost the whole unit which I believe is a Genesis (Something) C but I'm missing the grate and cover for the side burner. Can anyone help me out with those parts?

Also, has anyone found a sealant for the thermoset side tables? My first restoration effort, a Silver B, now has grease stains on the side tables. Is there some way to seal the surfaces of the thermoset side tables?

Thank you and on to the pics. Look at the firebox bolt! :)

IMG_2436.JPGIMG_2437.JPGIMG_2438.JPGIMG_2439.JPGIMG_2440.JPGIMG_2441.JPGIMG_2444.JPGIMG_2447.JPGIMG_2445.JPGIMG_2446.JPG

Last edited:
That grill looks to be in decent shape. A little TLC and you will be back in business. I really like that grey hood. Those side table will clean up with bleach and 0000 steel wool

Nice find. If cleaner doesn't work on the plastic side tables you can use some same paper on them, then after you sand spray them with 303 Protectant spray.

Bleach and #0000 steel wool and the side tables will clean right up. Same with the knobs and end handles. The trivet and cover are going to be tough to find. But doable. Maybe someone on here has a spare to sell you. Otherwise, keep your eyes open for a donor grill.

That is an early 2000's Genesis Silver C.

Bleach and #0000 steel wool and the side tables will clean right up. Same with the knobs and end handles. The trivet and cover are going to be tough to find. But doable. Maybe someone on here has a spare to sell you. Otherwise, keep your eyes open for a donor grill.

That is an early 2000's Genesis Silver C.

Thank you. Yes, I'm not looking for free parts, I'd be happy to pay market value and shipping cost, of course.

Was gray an uncommon color for the lid/hood? I don't recall seeing many previously.

Mikey,
I just put my Burner Assemble and side shelf for sale on the Buy/Sell page. If I don't get any bites I might part out the trivet and stainless cover.
I am also from Mass so no shipping cost if you want to meet.

Jeff

Last edited:
Sucks to be you, I guess, but I often wonder the same thing, so I guess it sucks to be us, and now I find out in another thread that my hero Bruce has been pissin' on the back left leg...oh, never mind!

Sucks to be you, I guess, but I often wonder the same thing, so I guess it sucks to be us, and now I find out in another thread that my hero Bruce has been pissin' on the back left leg...oh, never mind!
Hey Ed any chance you have a manifold for a Red Top Part#56038?

Bruce would be the guy that might have one, and he's a lot closer to NY. I'm seeing that is an LPG manifold, and I need one too, but I also need the tank support hardware so I'm waiting for a donor grill.

So it rained here most of the afternoon and what better time to pressure wash a grill than when it's raining?

My dump find Silver C is cleaning up beautifully. I did a rudimentary teardown, removing the end tables and brackets, the side burner and the control panel. I left the firebox attached to the frame and the burner tubes and manifold in place. This grill was obviously lightly used and I'm not going to do any reconditioning beyond the pressure washing and a light scrape of the back of the firebox and the inside of the lid. My guess is that after replacing the igniter gas catcher this grill will just fire right up. I don't feel the need to make the firebox and hood squeaky clean as a 600F test burn will take care of any lurking lurgies. I think I'm going to swap in the rcplanebuyer flavorizer bars and grates from my Silver B and I'll be ready to grill!

Will post some more pics later.

Last edited:

Back