July 4th Massive Cook

Well, as some of you already know i met this guy who has a Klose smoker. (i know its not a bullet but ill share some pics and info with you)

Interesting enough he got into smoking when his wife bought him "Smoke and Spice". It sounded good so he got himself a Klose.

Neways, I went up sunday to help prep the meats. He made his own rub from freshly ground spices and sugars. we spent a few hours rubbing all the meats. For mondays cook, which was for about 100 ppl.
2 pastramies
1 packer brisket-36#s

6 racks of beef back ribs
4 racks of a kinda flanken cut ribs-39#s
4 racks of veal ribs-17#s

Skirt steak-11#s
Chuck (chili) 5#s
Ground beef 30#s
Hot dogs- enough

4 whole chickens
7#s bottoms

It was a ton of food. He did an expideted cook which started around 6am and ended around 7pm. the briskets were on for about 12 hours, he covered with foil pretty early in the cook. he put the chickens on for about an hour and a half. Hickory and Oak was used throught the entire cook.

Overall it was quite impressive. I wasnt really involved in the cooking process just in the setting up and carving all the meats. It was fun with all of the people asking for more meat and lil ol me taking off the food and slicing it up for them......He really let me do all of the cutting while he worked the grill.....

well thats my story...(next sunday im doing it again)

Pictures

the pics are of some of the raw ribs, the smoker and the cooked food, the house where the party took place and of me and da plane.

Ps. I also had an amazing sat night where i went up on my friends plane to the catskills for a bit to eat. we left from westchester and arrived in monticelo area 14 min later. had some BBQ and flew back home...

overall A++++ weekend

Great pictures, Mords. That's a LOT of meat! Sounds like you had a great experience and learned a lot too. When are you going to order your Klose? My husband passed out when I showed him the pictures....that rig would just about fit on the only lawn we have in the yard.

That Cirrus intrigued us too...is that the plane with the integrated parachute system that we've been hearing about? What's the cruising airspeed? Is your friend/pilot instrument rated?

Rita

dont ask about the Klose....id love to have something like that...but until then my bullet is going to do just fine......i barely have enough room for a bullet in my porch...not like the folks that i went to....

and yes that cirrus is the new four seater with the parachute...im not really sure what instrument rated means...but his whole intire cockpit was digital and auto pilot...a very nice experience....very smooth as well

That's a nice picture of a Mobile catering rig . I've had mine on order for about a month , should be ready in about 2 weeks . I've called Monty and asked a million dumb questions but the people there are always glad to do what ever it takes .

Back