July 4th chicken, burgers

Angie H.

TVWBB Pro
Did the typical fare of chicken and burgers for July 4th this year, nothing fancy but still really good.

Of course we had to have abt's instead of cutting them in half I cored them and stuffed them whole. After being on the wsm for a couple hours at 275

2ns431i.jpg

Marinated some chicken overnight in Italian dressing and grilled high heat on the kettle

2ce13k9.jpg

Sauced up with Sweet Baby Ray's and keeping warm while I grilled up some burgers.

b67mz7.jpg

I used ground chuck 80/20 and seasoned with McCormick's Steakhouse Onion Burger seasoning. It's good stuff. More cheese was added after I took this pic.

dmwiue.jpg

Everything all ready to be served up.

2j31ctd.jpg

Here ya go!

2aew7td.jpg

It's been great looking at the posts of what everyone cooked up this weekend, and from what I've seen posted on here it looks like everyone feasted well and had a safe and fun holiday!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Thanks guys for taking a look, I know this was a boring cook to look at but I thought I'd share the pics anyway of what I did this weekend.

I also have a 8 lb pork butt in the fridge I bought over the weekend that will need to get smoked very soon.

Last edited:
Hi that all looked great. Question what are abt's??

ABT's are atomic buffalo turds, which is a jalapeno sliced in half, stuffed with a little sausage smokie (not sure if you have those in England) and smear some cream cheese on top of it. Then you wrap it in bacon and smoke it on the wsm for a couple hours. They are addictively delicious and you can stuff them with pretty much whatever you desire as long as it fits in the jalapeno. If you do a search on the forum here and I'm sure you'll find many topics on it! Hope that helps to let you know what an ABT is!

Back