July 4, 2012- Smoke

I've done no cooks other than grilling for about the last year so for the 4th, decided to find out if I still remembered how to smoke! Just for the two of us, a 6lb butt and 2 rack of BBs, beans and garlic slaw was the menu...knowing we would have plenty of leftovers! Oh, and what would a 4th be without a watermelon...we grew a special, seedless miniature version and used it for the occasion. Enough talk, little more action...

P7030002.jpg

P7040006.jpg

P7040008.jpg

P7040013.jpg

Ribs dripping goodness in the beans....gotta hate that!
P7040016.jpg

Attempted the auger dogs...did my best cutting, rolled'em in rub and on the grill for lunch..thanks Bob!
P7040017.jpg

P7040018.jpg

P7040022.jpg

P7040023.jpg

Ribs at the 5hr mark...little too tender for the bones I guess! I love it this way!!
P7040025.jpg

Pulling the butt...this thing had more bark than a pack of wild dogs.
P7040026.jpg

Thin veneer glaze...
P7040027.jpg

Quick shower went over...
P7040028.jpg

How about that for a tiny watermelon...half of one in the palm of your hand.
P7040033.jpg

Plated on our best china...actually, this was the neighbor's plate...we went back to the kiddie pool for a while.
P7040035.jpg

Ok...I'd be an idiot to try and fool this group of people about the watermelon but WOW....it was fun on Facebook!
We 'grow' our miniature melons like this...
P7030001.jpg

Wasn't teasing about the kiddie pool though...my grandbaby Kaelyn's pool when she's here but..
when not, what she don't know won't hurt her!
P7040029.jpg

As always, thanks for looking...soooooo many great cooks being posted here...hard to keep up but just wanted to say Thank You to all the great cooks and pics!

Certainly looks like you remembered how to smoke. All the pork looks great! And I love those cute little watermelons.

Love the cooking!

The mini melons are great.

If anyone starts talking about you being in the kiddie pool just throw a bar of soap in it and call it an outdoor bath tub!

Very nice, Wayne - all of it. Those beans look especially tasty, and I like the idea of a little rub on the dogs.

Super looking cook and mini melons Wayne!

I'm going to revisit making those dogs, everyone has out spiraled me!

Terrific smoking Wayne! Everything looks great. The ribs I cooked yesterday pretty much did the same thing - they fell right off the bone. They were still very tasty. I'd rather have them that way than not done enough!

Back