Joe from Rhode Island

Joe DeCarolis

Hi All,
Thanks for letting me join this board. I just bought a used Summit S-670 and I am restoring it to it's former glory. Found it on FB Marketplace at a very good price and it looked to be in good condition. The seller said the only problem was that it had a low flame and they didn't want to mess with it. I bought it thinking that they probably had put it in bypass and that's why it had a low flame. When I got it home, I realized that it was a natural gas grill and someone had converted it to LP. Further investigation revealed that they only changed orifices, not the whole manifold. On top of that, the manifold had a leak that was big enough to cause the regulator to go into bypass every time you opened the tank valve. So I ordered a new LP manifold off EBay and installed it a couple of days ago. Now everything works great, but still have a few minor problems to fix. Hoping this forum can help me fix the remaining problems, but I will start a separate post to explain those problems.IMG_4213.jpg

Back