Joan, what are you grilling this weekend?

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Don’t mean to put you on the spot, but you’re the recipe expert! What are you grilling this weekend and when are we going to see photos of your handiwork? Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

Hi Chris, we JUST finished eating. As usual, forgot to take pictures while cooking, but.....there are a few left. lol

1622331004710.png

What are they you ask? They are "Hickory Drumettes with Bourbon-Molasses Glaze" from Weber's Way to Grill". We both thought they were very good. Had some "Squash Fritters" with them. Posted that recipe back in Jan. Thanks for asking. I saw what you are cooking. Looks delicious. Is that your land behind the ice tea?

Last edited:
Is that your land behind the ice tea?
No, I am fortunate to live next to a golf course. I get all the benefits of a beautifully manicured lawn without any of the work! The only price I pay is the sound of lawn mowers outside my bedroom window at 6 AM… Every… Single… Morning.

That is the main reason we wish we lived in a sound proof house. I feel for you. With all the modern equipment they keep inventing, has anyone invented a soundless lawn mower? lol

...and this is what's for dinner tonight. Sorry, not smoked, but at least grilled. First made this back in 2001. This will be our 4th time making this. Posted here back in Jan. This is a good recipe for those that like LAMB. (will try to remember to take pictures. lol)

Kheema Kabobs

1 lb. minced lamb
1 tsp. garam masala
1/2 - 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 TB. fresh cilantro, minced (or 1 tsp. dried)
1/4 cup water
1 medium onion, finely minced
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 lemon - 1/2 cut in small wedges, other 1/2 for juicing
12-18 metaL or wood skewers

1. Mix garam masala thru cilantro with 1/4 cup water and let soak at least 5 minutes. In a large bowl, mix together meat, onion, flour salt and spice/water mix. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. When you are ready to grill the kabobs, take the meat and separate into 12-18 small balls. Roll the meatballs out into logs, then firmly press the meat around the skewers. Cook over medium hot coals about 10 minutes, turning as necessary for even browning. Sprinkle with lemon juice after removing from the coals. Garnish with lemon wedges.
1622418050720.png

Source: Penzey's mag. "One"

Last edited:
1622418363294.png
Sorry, got the pictures backwards. DH thought they were excellent, I thought they were good. The lemon made them better for me.

Last edited:
B012M3PXCC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

Chuck, I don't know how to thank you, but THANK YOU SO MUCH.

If only you knew how much that means to me. :love:

And thank you everyone for your (y), I really appreciate them.

Well Chris, I posted 4 things we made this past week-end, and not one comment from you. What's up? I know the pictures are not that great, but everyone always wants to see them and they always swoon over everyone else cooks, but no comments here. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Back