Jerk Chicken on the "new" Performer

Robert McGee

TVWBB Gold Member
We decided to do some Jerk Chicken wings tonight. Naturally, I used my re-habbed Performer:rolleyes:. My wife prepped the wings in a Walker's Wood jerk seasoning marinade. They set in the marinade about an hour. I did them my usual way - indirect with a couple of fire bricks. Twenty-Five minutes, then sauced them with Blues Hog sauce and flipped them. Another five minutes and they were ready to pull.

There are many ways to get good wings from the Weber, but this is a VERY good recipe. We used the "mild" version of Walker's Wood together with some citrus juice and cider vinegar for the slurry (marinade). This is not liquid but a slurry.

This is the final result - it was G-O-O-D!!:D

The good wife had a nice quinoa/vegetable dish and a very nice fruit salad. Dessert was home made Angel Food cake and frozen pineapple chunks. Good stuff, indeed!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

walkerswood (normal) is one of my favorite seasonings for wings.... I've never marinated them first, nor sauced them, but I might :)

Thanks for the kind words, folks. Walkerswood is a great seasoning. You might want to check out their website for ideas...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back