Jerk Chicken for Fathers Day

John K BBQ

TVWBB All-Star
Here's a couple of pics from my fathers day cook. Had my MIL & FIL over for dinner and made Jerk Chicken for everybody. Here's the leg quarters after about 90 minutes @ 300F on the WSK. I marinated these bad boys for 24 hrs in K Krugers Jerk Seasoning (recipe at the bottom). I decided to char em up a bit on the Genesis after the lower temp cook

IMG-4739.jpg

Here we are all plated up. I only put 2 habenero's in the jerk... as a result, I didn't get much heat, BUT, my family really loved it so it worked out nice. Dear wifey did a bang up job on the black bean and corn salad.... I have a link at the bottom to K Kruger's recipe. If you like any heat at all, I'd use at least 4 habeneros.

IMG-4742.jpg

Here's a couple of pics from my fathers day cook. Had my MIL & FIL over for dinner and made Jerk Chicken for everybody. Here's the leg quarters after about 90 minutes @ 300F on the WSK. I marinated these bad boys for 24 hrs in K Krugers Jerk Seasoning (recipe at the bottom). I decided to char em up a bit on the Genesis after the lower temp cook

View attachment 53548

Here we are all plated up. I only put 2 habenero's in the jerk... as a result, I didn't get much heat, BUT, my family really loved it so it worked out nice. Dear wifey did a bang up job on the black bean and corn salad.... I have a link at the bottom to K Kruger's recipe. If you like any heat at all, I'd use at least 4 habeneros.

View attachment 53549

i have this in queue to start marinade tonight with some costco birds i bough this weekend. thanks for the recipe repost. and your cook looks mighty fine! i will add some cayenne or thai pepper dust for that kick as i only have 2-3 habaneros on hand for this.

i have this in queue to start marinade tonight with some costco birds i bough this weekend. thanks for the recipe repost. and your cook looks mighty fine! i will add some cayenne or thai pepper dust for that kick as i only have 2-3 habaneros on hand for this.
I also took the seeds and membrane out, you could probably get a bit more punch by leaving them in. I ran an "unprotected & dry difuser plate in the WSK - cook chamber ran at 275 and the difuser was a little over 400F when I checked it, my thinking was that the drippings would evaporate "flavorizer" style and enhance the flavor. I will have a little extra clean up work to do but it worked nicely. Let us know how yours turns out!

That plate looks great!

Having just found that jerk recipe myself, I wish it were possible to find real scotch bonnet peppers where I live. I guess I could order them online...

Reminds me of Jamaica, a more memorable vacation than some. If you haven't been, you should. If you do, go to Scotchies for some pretty dang good BBQ

Nicely done John

Back