Jambalaya with Fish, Shrimp, and Alligator/Pork Sausage

Teddy J.

TVWBB Pro
Had my birthday on Tuesday and was in the mood for some gumbo or jambalaya. I had a frozen pack of jambalaya base from Cajun Grocer, along with some Comeaux's alligator/pork sausage. Figured I would doctor it up, so grabbed a couple tilapia fillets, shrimp, the holy trinity, and some ****ake mushrooms.

First I grilled the sausage on the Jumbo Joe, and smoked the tilapia fillets until they were about half cooked. Let the base simmer with the added celery, green bell peppers, onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Needed to spice it up some, so added some Swamp Fire seafood boil. Once the taste was just about there, added the fish and sausage to finished cooking, then shrimp just before serving. Below was the outcome.

C7FD84F0-9642-4CE9-AB4F-3B9684C77302.jpg

Cheers!

What a gorgeous cook, Teddy. There's not a lot of meat I haven't tried, but I can't say I've had any alligator. Not sure I could find it around here!

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Cliff, check out cajungrocer.com if you are interested in trying any. They have a variety of foods, and everything I've ordered has met my expectations.

Looks (and sounds) delicious Teddy. Gumbo and Jambalaya have been popping on the forum a good bit recently. Thanks for sharing.

Back