Jackson Jerk Chicken in the DARK

Hayden McCall

TVWBB All-Star
I got this recipe in Weber's The Art of Grilling.

Interesting cook. Lost power shortly into the cook and had to "wing it", in the dark. Recipe was pretty heavy in allspice, but turned out pretty good. Nice lil zip to it. I didn't have an opportunity to bring the chicken to room temp prior to grilling, so the skin wasn't as crispy as I'd have liked, but it was still good. I served it over some white rice (gas stove was still operable), and tossed a halved papaya on as well. Good eats in the dark.

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

Im just happy for the power return so i could se this!

Great cook in the dark,bet it tasted even better with the power shut off.(like a camping trip)

Well done!

//Me

I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed cooking in the dark. This was my most enjoyable cook since the handful I did during our back-to-back blizzards that occurred in a 4 day span this past February. If it wasn't for the fact that darkness waits until nearly 9 PM this time of year, I'd engineer a couple more cooks like this intentionally. 9 PM's just a bit late for me to be having dinner. LOL

All looks great from here! It's amazing how dark and quiet it gets when the power is out.

We went 2 1/2 weeks w/o after Katrina, it can be a bit nerve racking over time.

Back