Its STEALTH day.....

I was going to order a Stealth 6 from my online Weber dealer, offering free extras (Ā£250), till I noticed they were out of stock. @Paul Warner can you tell me the difference between the Stealth and standard EX6. Seems to me like an internal led light, steeper hopper, and what with the grates?

Don't really care about the chrome going to black and different trolley feet. Just wondering if the Stealth is worth another Ā£180?

I was going to order a Stealth 6 from my online Weber dealer, offering free extras (Ā£250), till I noticed they were out of stock. @Paul Warner can you tell me the difference between the Stealth and standard EX6. Seems to me like an internal led light, steeper hopper, and what with the grates?

Don't really care about the chrome going to black and different trolley feet. Just wondering if the Stealth is worth another Ā£180?
Hi Paul, tbh i am not so familiar with the Gen1 or Gen 2 smokefires apart from an awareness about some issues. i think you have identified the most common known changes but i believe that some other changes have been implemented that Weber are not saying so much about. As for whether it is worth the extra money only you can decide, the grills are very expensive in the UK for sure ($2100 USD)

Yep they are expensive in the UK. Some of the UK online suppliers, are offering some generous freebies, with the 2nd gen Smokefires, and the Stealth is Ā£180 more expensive. I wonder if the 2nd gen are being discontinued in favour of the Stealth?

Have you had chance to use yours yet?

Yep they are expensive in the UK. Some of the UK online suppliers, are offering some generous freebies, with the 2nd gen Smokefires, and the Stealth is Ā£180 more expensive. I wonder if the 2nd gen are being discontinued in favour of the Stealth?

Have you had chance to use yours yet?
Yes, used a few times and all good so far!

With the Stealth you get a totally black grill with improved casters. The pellet hopper has been redesigned and it looks like the improvements might alleviate some problems with the original design. Internally, the light has been added, the glow plug assembly has been redesigned and it enters the fire pot in a slightly different location. Looking at Paul's pictures it looks like the sheet metal behind the fire pot is different, the fire pot grate is different, the rear flavorizer bar flange looks different, and there's a heat shield across the front side of the cook chamber below the cooking grates. Finally, the Weber crafted grate frame is included - maybe. You'll have to decide if it's worth the extra money. Good luck.

Last edited:
With the Stealth you get a totally black grill with improved casters. The pellet hopper has been redesigned and it looks like the improvements might alleviate some problems with the original design. Internally, the light has been added, the glow plug assembly has been redesigned and it enters the fire pot in a slightly different location. Looking at Paul's pictures it looks like the sheet metal behind the fire pot is different, the fire pot grate is different, the rear flavorizer bar flange looks different, and there's a heat shield across the front side of the cook chamber below the cooking grates. Finally, the Web3er crafted grate frame is included - maybe. You'll have to decide if it's worth the extra money. Good luck.
Thanks Lew for your reply. Prices are volatile it seems here in the UK. I was looking last year at the Smokefire, and the EX6 was around Ā£1.5-1.6k, which equates to just over $2000. You guys seem to get them for around $1500. Hey hoe, it is what it is.

Paul,
It is definitely too bad that you all on the other side of the pond have to pay more. On the other hand, here in the States we tend to complain that Weber gives their European customers all the coolest stuff and pushes off on us the less desirable. You canā€™t buy the stainless GBS kettle grate in the US, but I was blessed to have the opportunity to visit Germany and go to the Weber store there a couple years ago. I was able to buy one and somehow get it back on the plane. Also bought an ivory Smokey Joe (which finally Weber now offers us). That was a hoot for me and the group leader to split among our luggage. We did it, though!

Now that the Stealth is out.. will these new parts fit the Gen 1 & 2 ???? Or will we just have our flimsy parts be replaced when necessary with the same flimsy parts ???

Now that the Stealth is out.. will these new parts fit the Gen 1 & 2 ???? Or will we just have our flimsy parts be replaced when necessary with the same flimsy parts ???
Weber customer support was asked that question at least a month ago but couldn't answer. My GUESS is that most of the new parts probably won't fit. That's based on the pictures posted here but it's just an old fart's guess.

Weber customer support was asked that question at least a month ago but couldn't answer. My GUESS is that most of the new parts probably won't fit. That's based on the pictures posted here but it's just an old fart's guess.
I agree with you that they won't fit. Going to have to look over every part before the 3 years are up...

I agree with you that they won't fit. Going to have to look over every part before the 3 years are up...
I wonder how soon Weber will make maintenance parts available off the shelf once our units (mine is SF4 G2) go out of warranty. Things like the fire pot, pellet chute, the flavorizer bar brackets, augur, augur motor, the circuit board, etc. Right now, the replacement parts list is pretty slim pickins and I have to make mine last a good long time per my agreement with my best friend 8^)

Back