It's getting hot in California

Andy Kaminski

TVWBB All-Star
My niece in San Ramon had 108 tempts the other day and then got hit with a rolling black out .
After about 6 hours she moved her food from her refrigerator and her young toddlers to her Dads house a few miles away .
That was fine for 3-4 hours then he got hit with a rolling blackout.
These rolling black outs aren’t just a couple hours anymore.

I’m glad my brother took my elderly mother up here for a visit.
Being close to 90 with heat near 110f and no electricity can’t be good for you.

Have any of you got hit with this?

109° was our high yesterday. No blackouts or rolling blackouts.

Went out for dinner yesterday to celebrate selling our home and because it was too hot to do anything.

Tacos dorados filling was made yesterday. I’m cook them up today. Maybe head to the gym for a swim too.

Forecast shows 110° and 111° today and tomorrow. We can always head to Reno or Monterey if it gets unbearable here.

We've not had any really excessive heat, or power issues. It's weird, lots of people saying how we've had a quite hotter season so far, and it sure doesn't feel like over normal to me. Hardly have had to use the AC. Most seasons this time of year I've been running it a month straight

109° was our high yesterday. No blackouts or rolling blackouts.

Went out for dinner yesterday to celebrate selling our home and because it was too hot to do anything.

Tacos dorados filling was made yesterday. I’m cook them up today. Maybe head to the gym for a swim too.

Forecast shows 110° and 111° today and tomorrow. We can always head to Reno or Monterey if it gets unbearable here.
Times like this are when I'm glad to live in the high desert and not the foothills. The thinner air, low humidity and a few degrees cooler makes a big difference. The new oversized AC system doesn't hurt either.

We are going to reach the mid to upper 80’s this weekend.
The person who told me this yesterday was actually worried.
Me not so much.
I won’t like it but it’s a nothingburger in the grand scheme of things.
It will probably be humid and not very comfortable but it won’t be 110 freaking degrees and unless there is a freak accident we won’t loose power.

Most of the older homes here (mine included) don’t have air conditioning but most all homes here have generators.
I just put in a new ceiling fan in my bedroom and we have the salt water breeze so we will be ok during our “heatwave”

Bought a back up generator about 6 years ago. Only had to use it a few times, but it was worth every penny.
I don't have it wired directly to the house. just extension cords to freshen up the freeezers and fridge. and to run a fan or two.

Supposed to hit 110 ° here in Yreka tomorrow. Needless to say, I'll be staying inside and enjoying the A/C! I'll probably do a cedar plank steelhead fillet tomorrow night. Tonight I'm cooking fettuccine Alfredo (Costco) on the Genesis EP-320. That grill with the E/W burner configuration makes for a GREAT outdoor oven when the terms get hot like this. That grill will be getting a serious workout for the next couple months until the temps cool down here in September!

Supposed to hit 110 ° here in Yreka tomorrow. Needless to say, I'll be staying inside and enjoying the A/C! I'll probably do a cedar plank steelhead fillet tomorrow night. Tonight I'm cooking fettuccine Alfredo (Costco) on the Genesis EP-320. That grill with the E/W burner configuration makes for a GREAT outdoor oven when the terms get hot like this. That grill will be getting a serious workout for the next couple months until the temps cool down here in September!
I made a microwave baked potato for dinner. It’s just too hot to eat or cook.

Another 109°er today.

1720231842214.png

Bought a back up generator about 6 years ago. Only had to use it a few times, but it was worth every penny.
I don't have it wired directly to the house. just extension cords to freshen up the freeezers and fridge. and to run a fan or two.
Same here.

Today looks like it will be the hottest day in the heat wave. Temps measured by me at my house are 2 to 3 degrees under these but still...

20240706_113910.jpg
20240706_114132.jpg

Back