Its been awhile...

Brandon A

TVWBB All-Star
Its been awhile since I posted and I was doing some topic searching, almost forgot why I love this place! Anyway, I got a little 5 lb butt seasoned well with DP swamp venom, and an extra dusting of turbinado. Trying to get a sweet/hot mix that both the wife and I will enjoy. Going to do my first day butt cook tomarrow, also my first smoke on the egg, gotta rig it up because i dont have the proper pieces yet (another story all together).

I also have some ribeye patties in the freezer (thanks Pinny) for lunch tomarrow, going to do them on the good ol' Performer. Glad to be posting again! Tomarrow should be one of those therapeutic days in the grill garden
icon_wink.gif

Hi Bud, nice too hear from you.
icon_cool.gif
I did a rack of beef ribs today along with 2 fatties. I just put a butt on at 12:45AM EST. I hooked the Guru up for this overnight cook. Been awhile since I used it other than for adding extra air for those HH brisket cooks.

Off to a hot start on the butt. I thought I had the temp dialed in, then I tried to twist the therm so the needle was pointing to 12 o'clock and I noticed the therm dropped like 20 degrees....thought, well that was strange. Twisted it the other way and it went back up, so twisting the therm is messing with the calibration nut on the back. It must have gotten twisted before because I overshot and am sitting close to 300 now waiting for the cooker to cool off. I've got the maverick on the pit temp now, it'll all be ok in the end. Smells great out there! I've got to get a new adapter for the guru soon.

Brandon,

Wow, moving up to the egg...good on 'ya!

I haven't posted much in a while myself, but keep on the 'que as always...I think I'll be cooking on the 'que til the day I die...

My wife loves the flap steak at Costco, they were selling it for $4.99/lb, but raised it recently to $5.69.

My daughter did these cornish hens on the Kettle recently though...not bad for 13 years old...

cornish-hens-on-kettle.jpg

Back