Its 4:20 AM...do you know where your butts are?

Chris Mills

TVWBB Fan
Butts on ~3:45 AM. Will move them over to the offset around 11 AM when the ribs go on the WSM. Beans going on about 3pm. Shrimp and scallops on the grill around 6pm. Fridge full with growlers of Cape Cod beer.

Good luck with everything
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Mine went on at 4:30 Colorado time, 2 8 LBer's.
Sounds like quite a feast your putting on out east. What's the occasion?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chris comer:
Mine went on at 4:30 Colorado time, 2 8 LBer's.
Sounds like quite a feast your putting on out east. What's the occasion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kind of a Christmas in the summer family BBQ with my wife's extended family here on Cape Cod. We've both lived most of our lives here until we relocated to CT a couple of years ago.

I'm cooking plenty of butts & ribs so I have the leftovers. We all know its as easy to cook 3-4 butts as it is to cook 1. The 3 I have are 2x 7 1/2lbs and a mammoth 9 1/2lbr. 4 racks of spares and 2 of BB's. The seafood is 2lbs of large shrimp and 2lbs of sea scallops that I'll do all up in a spicy marinade.

My brother-in-law is also providing fresh steamers and home made clam chowder. He's going digging around 10am this morning.

3:45, my butts were almost on 10 hours in the smoker.

I have 6 on the WSM, for nearly 45 lbs raw.

I am running a bit behind right now. I have to take them to an open house at 2, and my temps are around 180.

I went through a LOT of charcoal too. My overnights haven't used this much. A full tray, plus 20+ more added.

I foiled at 9 am, and bumped the heat to 250 (all vents open).

I am thinking about taking them off now and putting into the cooler now,and hopefully the residual heat will carry them to 190. Then I can pull around 1 or 1:30.

6AM 2 butts on. 79 cents a pound at my local Safeway. Also a brisket resting comfortably below them, UMM...

79 cents a pound? Are you sure it BB and not picnic? Best I can do around here is $1.28 a pound at Sam's. I'd be seriously tempted to stock up at that price.

I just put 3 butts, (about 22 lbs.) on my 22.5. Looking forward to a late lunch or early dinner tomorrow. Using pecan and some hickory. Can't wait.

That's a great price, Dennis! Are all the pork prices that good out your way?

Best around here is $1.28/lb. in 2-pack cryovac. Really good meat, but I'd sure like to get it .49/lb. cheaper. I just bought 8 and cooked 'em overnight for my son's graduation open house. Easiest cook I've ever done with this new cooker.

If your interested: Pics

Back