It was fun while it lasted but have to change the life style.

Thanks to all for the kind words and suggestions. I'm feeling good and looking forward to the new challenge. This is something I should have done long ago. Barb and I have been talking and we both have some good ideas on how to go forward and make the best of it and have some fun experimenting with low salt/fat but tasty dishes.
More to come and again thanks for the kind words and encouragement.
Rich

Rich, I am SO glad you are on the road to recovery! You are fortunate that it was just one vessel of the three major arteries! But what's better is that you and Barb see this as a new start. So many patients I was involved with didn't heed the warning and continued on with their lifestyle...and we saw them again (and again!).

I'm looking forward to your posts with your new menu options! Your and Barb's creativity will inspire us all to get a bit healthier!

At least you're not moving again on top of this :)

Seriously - I'm very glad you're taking steps toward the healthier lifestyle, I'm sure Nurse Barb is doing her best to keep you comfortable, and we all look forward to the "new" meals. Take care, cuz!

Last edited:
Rich & Barb,
We are very sure that you two will be grilling some new creative low fat/salt meals very soon.
We grill lots of chicken & turkey. Till the wife says she won't eat turkey anymore.
Look forward to seeing a post or two in the healthy grilling section.
Russ & Deb

Well I hope you have a speedy recovery and good health in the new year. Eating a low fat, low salt died will be a challenge but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Good luck to you, hope you recover nicely and enjoy healthier ways to eat. We all need too.

Back