It is all your fault.....

Stephan, I am not sure if they could be cut down. I am not real familiar with Summit grills. The ones I have are in decent shape, but the set on the left have a couple of the bars detached from the cross member. Also, it looks like the igniter on mine is trashed...as in broken.

Let me know if you need anything else. I think the burners are good on it, maybe knobs. The grates are solid Stainless steel rod grates. Drip pan, hood, handle, thermometer, etc.... It is NG however.

I feel your pain.

We've owned a Weber charcoal kettle for many years, haven't used it for a decade. A couple of weeks ago my wife said "maybe we should get a grill" so I started looking around. Found the "free" curbside grill close by a week ago, then found TVWBB, have the "free" Silver B mostly cleaned up and reassembled now.

Yesterday I was at the town dump and saw a Weber grill cover. Under the grill cover was another Weber grill, this one with a closed cabinet bottom with stainless steel doors. I think it's a later Genesis but I'm not sure. I figured I'd take the cover and a few parts so I got my tools out. 30 minutes later I had the whole thing disassembled and in my car!

Drove to work and bumped into a neighbor of mine who asked me what I was up to. I told him I'd just found another Weber grill at the dump. He said, "hold on a moment," walked around to where there's a scrap metal dumpster, came back and said, "there's a Weber grill over there." So now I have three. However, the third one is mostly going back into the scrap dumpster.

Last edited:
You have officially joined the Weberitis club. Sit the wife down this evening and explain that you will be working out in the garage a lot this summer, you will be making long road trips to random places and she will have to find another place to park her car from now on.

Bruce, my wife’s car hasn’t been in the garage for years since that is my workshop. Lol
Stuffed with bicycles (my other hobby), tools and a convertible collecting dust.
Got another grill today. The Sidewinder S320 I was supposed to pick up yesterday. Great shape, Rust free cabinet. I have already taken it apart and grinded out the firebox. The only parts I need to replace are the flavorizer bars and the igniter. Lots of cleaning and it should be ready to go. This will be an easy sell.

You have officially joined the Weberitis club. Sit the wife down this evening and explain that you will be working out in the garage a lot this summer, you will be making long road trips to random places and she will have to find another place to park her car from now on.

Yes, and anything you might overlook my wife can readily explain:eek:!

I brought home a curb alert Delta Bandsaw tonight. The wife was none too pleased. She asked if I was going to get another garage as well.

I brought home a curb alert Delta Bandsaw tonight. The wife was none too pleased. She asked if I was going to get another garage as well.

My older son got me this Father’s Day card (with a Harbor Freight gift card inside):

25qpy5g.jpg

Back