It begins. Rosh Hashanah 2024.

I believe you.
I cook for people and it is one meal and not crazy and I get my sous chef to help.......
They say to me often, why don't you go be a cook or why don't you open a food truck or something like that......
I was told a long time ago not to mix something you like or even a passion with work......it always sounded like good advice and the older I get the more it seems to be excellent advice.

Being a rookie with a food truck would send me to the insane asylum.......the prep days in advance and all the extra things you would have to do would take a while to figure out.....
You’re 100% correct. I’ve heard the same for eons. My response is you can hire me for small catering gigs. I get paid up front. No additional rent. No full time employees or taxes. And I only do this for people I like so that keeps the list small. I’ve done a few of these events and while they’re fun, they too can be stressful. But it’s an outlet for creativity and some easy cash.

Retail by me sells brisket for $24.99#. I’d sell a whole 12# brisket done and sliced for $200 with my raw cost being $50 plus time and fuel. Add sides and such and you can clear $300 for a gig. Personally, I earn more in career for my time so choose wisely on these gigs.

Keep your passion a passion. You’ll live happier.

Back