Issue with my Genesis Grill

BEWarre

TVWBB Fan
I've had my grill for about 2yrs. I went to go grill some steaks and when I turned the knob on the tank I heard a sound like your filling up a balloon with air.
I could smell gas. I then turned on the burners and kinda heard the same balloon sound. all three of the burners lit but its really low.
Has anyone else had this issue and if so how do I fix it?

I've had my grill for about 2yrs. I went to go grill some steaks and when I turned the knob on the tank I heard a sound like your filling up a balloon with air.
I could smell gas. I then turned on the burners and kinda heard the same balloon sound. all three of the burners lit but its really low.
Has anyone else had this issue and if so how do I fix it?

Sounds like you either have a leak somewhere, some blockage of the gas, or one (or more) of your grill valves was open when you turned on the gas. First thing I'd try is to make sure that absolutely everything is turned off. Disconnect and then reconnect the propane tank. Turn it on slowly. If you smell gas or hear the same thing, then it's probably a leak. If you don't smell/hear anything, then turn on the first burner of your grill and light it. If it has a strong flame, light the next burner, then the next, yada, yada, yada.

What we are doing here is basically testing each stage of the gas distribution in sequence. From the tank to the manifold, then out the first valve and into the first tube, yada, yada, yada.

You might also get bowl of soapy water (dish soap) and wipe wet down from the propane tank connection, the entire gas hose and up to the manifold connection. Then look for little bubbles along the entire path.

Back