Is Weber Covering Burn Through?

MatthewS

TVWBB Member
On the warranty, it looks like Weber does NOT cover burn through, but I'm not 100% sure on the verbiage.

I found a 2012 Spirit E210 on the side of the road today (third spirit E210 I've found this month..."junk day" in my state) that is in great condition except for this bad burn through. Burners are ok, starter worked right away, etc. I'm not the original owner, but assuming one was, has anyone had luck with this?

Attachments

• IMG_20200920_200952.jpg
    IMG_20200920_200952.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Looks like that is one of those cases where the middle burner gets a leak at the end and winds up being a blow torch against the side of the cook box. Not sure if weber would cover that or not and not sure what the warranty on Spirit grills is.

No middle burner on a Spirit 210 Bruce. That was caused by a grease fire. As for Weber covering it? Who knows? I have seen some of the people on this forum be treated incredibly well by Weber. Me? Not so much

Hi Matthew, Ask yourself if you really want a 2 burner grill? They are nice and parts are available. The drawback is the size. Good for 2 to 4 people that's about it.

No middle burner on a Spirit 210 Bruce. That was caused by a grease fire. As for Weber covering it? Who knows? I have seen some of the people on this forum be treated incredibly well by Weber. Me? Not so much

No luck with Weber. I was honest with them and shared that it was free and I had no receipts. Was worth a try.

Hi Matthew, Ask yourself if you really want a 2 burner grill? They are nice and parts are available. The drawback is the size. Good for 2 to 4 people that's about it.

I agree with you. I've really enjoyed rehabbing these and giving them to friends as "first house" gifts, etc. I have my own stable of older Webers :). The 2014 Spirit wouldn't be a choice I'd make for myself but makes a great upgrade for friends with $99 Walmart grills.

I agree with you. I've really enjoyed rehabbing these and giving them to friends as "first house" gifts, etc. I have my own stable of older Webers :). The 2014 Spirit wouldn't be a choice I'd make for myself but makes a great upgrade for friends with $99 Walmart grills.
Hi Matthew, 2 burners are pretty common and sell at a discount. By the time you get through to Weber and get a response you could fix a bunch of grills.

No luck with Weber. I was honest with them and shared that it was free and I had no receipts. Was worth a try.
Yah, if they know you are a second owner, they won't honor the warranty, and I understand that. You will find another cook box if you keep your eyes open. Like they say above, they are fairly common and people tend to just give them away when they don't want to deal with replacing burners or cleaning them out.

Back