Is this used Genesis a good deal - HELP identifying and some Q's from a newbie

If you are shoppping new, check out the Genesis II E-335 grills being sold at Costco.

Nice big grill top, three regular burners plus the extra fourth sear burner, side burner, and the LP tank hangs on the outside (like a classic Weber gasser) rather than being inside the cabinet. At $799, a screaming deal.

Don't think they have an NG version, but that's not a big deal imo. Over the grill life, you won't always live in a house with an NG connection. An LP grill always works. Also a lot easier to sell down the road.

The G2s have been officially discontinued, but there's a bunch being sold now exclusively at Costsco.

There's some recent threads on those.

Last edited:
If you are shoppping new, check out the Genesis II E-335 grills being sold at Costco.

Nice big grill top, three regular burners plus the extra fourth sear burner, side burner, and the LP tank hangs on the outside (like a classic Weber gasser) rather than being inside the cabinet. At $799, a screaming deal.

Don't think they have an NG version, but that's not a big deal imo. Over the grill life, you won't always live in a house with an NG connection. An LP grill always works. Also a lot easier to sell down the road.

The G2s have been officially discontinued, but there's a bunch being sold now exclusively at Costsco.

Nice recommendation. I was going to suggest the exact same thing. If I were shopping for a grill right now, that would be on my short list.

The tank hanging on the outside is extremely underrated!!

Well, its been a while and I figured I would make an update just to thank everyone for their advice! I shopped around a LOT after talking to my wife. I really wanted to see/touch the new grill in person, so I checked out every "local" Genesis I could find, and also went to the only Napoleon dealer in my area, who happens to stock virtually all their grills from Rogue to Prestige Pro (Its a high-end patio/Grill/AV/Stereo place). Just about everyone everywhere was out of stock on the Prestige 500 RSIB in SS, but they had ONE arrive that day. In fact he had one each of black and SS, and told me he would assemble both and I could come back the next day and pick if I wanted. So I did that, and after seeing the quality of the Napoleons I decided to go that route rather than the Genesis. They are REALLY nice grills.

Mine has the big thick SS grills, and the sear and rotisserie burners. I got it home JUST in time to cook for 27 people on father's day. (Also nearly lost it off the trailer, my straps came loose and fell off about 1 mile from home but I did not realize it. Thank GOD the salesman locked the casters for me.)

It cooks VERY well, I did Cornell chicken for all those folks and it held up great. Definitely the hardest thing to cook without a ton of flareups. I did a bunch of strip steaks a week later, and that sear burner is great. Steakhouse quality sear, and the best med-rare steak I have ever done. I just did "Prime rib" burgers for 20+ yesterday and nary a flareup.

Negatives - The sear burner is too small. One steak at a time kinda sucks. Cooking for more than 3 people using that is a bit of an issue. Still its nice to have, and works as a regular burner too if needed. Assuming the Weber sear zone gets HOT enough, I think thats a +1 for Weber (room for at least 3 steaks at a time)

The "wavy" grates are a gimmick kinda, I see the point (keeps hot dogs from sticking in one spot, and skinny things from falling in) but mostly its a gimmick. They are nice and heavy though.

No grill light (have to get to "pro" series), would have been a nice touch.

No bottle opener, which they DO have on the cheaper Rouge series!

The "lights" around the dials are useless in daylight. Neat at night, but again, no grill light so who's cooking in the dark? I plan to buy the Weber grill light as it seems to have the best reviews. I do grill all winter.

Have yet to try the rotisserie, that's next. Anyone have any good rotisserie ideas besides chicken?

Anyway - I still have an LOVE by little Weber Q, and an old charcoal kettle, and most of my family are still Weber afficinados, so we shall see how this works out long term! Thanks for all the advice and I plan to still lurk here!

A little sorry to see you go to the dark side:ROFLMAO:! No, seriously, that sounds like a great grill. I think Napoleon is Weber's competition on the higher end while Broil King and much lesser grills that flood the parking lots of Lowes and Home Depot are on the other side.

Love to see some pictures!

As far as a light goes, there are plenty of add-on options of all kinds of shapes and sizes. Seeing your grill in pictures might make it easier to recommend one or two. It will for sure make your cooking easier! This free-standing one is what I use for my 1st generation Summit which has a handle not conducive to using a handle light.

Finished Night Lighting.jpeg

Back