Is this Pellet Grill fuel

I just listened to the bbq central podcast where the guy from Weber was interviewed about the SmokeFire. Some interesting stuff. The more I hear in detail the more favorable I am towards this new grill.

He also talked a little about the Weber pellets. I hope they have some introductory sales, because I would really like to try a couple flavors in my Rec Tec. That sound well thought out.

Thanks I enjoyed that Weber interview.

We've been using a pellet grill for a couple of years. When we first got it I bought a bag each of hickory, apple, pecan, and a "Classic" blend bag of hickory, pecan and mesquite. We
have decided there is not one bit of identifiable difference between any of them, so now we only buy the blend. The exception being, when we cold smoke cheese I use BBQrs Delight 100%
Apple pellets in the smoker tube. (At $12 per pound it SHOULD be 100% apple!!) There seems to be a lot of discussion online about cooking pellets and just how much of the "flavored wood" and
how much and what type of filler is used in them. I certainly do not claim to be a pellet expert, but those are my unsolicited thoughts!

Tom, I've tried 3 brands of pellets - Lumberjack, Green Mountain, and Pit Boss and had the same reaction. Since the pit Boss Blend is half the cost I just use that and get enough smoke flavor. $12 a pound??? for pellets. At Lowes I got 40 lbs. for $2 more with the military discount. I must confess, however, that I probably have the palate sophistication of a starving caveman. :wsm:

Back