Is this a performer accessory?

Matt in Vancouver

TVWBB Member
This item was included with a performer I picked up and the owner thought it went along with the BBQ. Definitely looks like it could be grilling related but I haven't seen one before.
The centre rack sections swivel from side to side... Any ideas?

Cheers,

ssp25.jpg

I have no idea, looks like you cook something spherical that you would lock down.
Whatever it is, it was well used, and the warming tray and the old school baskets are a major plus!:cool:

Tim

Yes it is. That “part” of the package is a rib rack. The whole package was a rib rack, kabob set, and beef/turkey holder. Each part fits into the base in order to use it. I have one, (whole package), and use it often. It would be REALLY nice if the owner could find the rest. The kabob set and beef holder are the bomb.

Thanks Rolf, unfortunatley no hope of finding the rest of the kit with the previous owner. I will see if i can clean it up and use it as-is... If not i will offer it up to anyone who can use it/wants it.

Cheers,

Matt

The one to farthest left - is that the rack I see some people use on the kettle to get more cooking space? If so, where do I purchase one?

The one to farthest left - is that the rack I see some people use on the kettle to get more cooking space? If so, where do I purchase one?

Tim that is a warming rack Weber offered some time ago. They no longer offer it but you see one available now and then. I bought one a couple of years ago at an Ace, sitting under some dust.

I have been looking for one also. Found one on ebay recently that went for a little over $60+ shipping. Also, found one on Amazon for around $80 with shipping. I'm not willing to go this route for one.

Thanks Rolf, unfortunatley no hope of finding the rest of the kit with the previous owner. I will see if i can clean it up and use it as-is... If not i will offer it up to anyone who can use it/wants it.

Cheers,

Matt
I had two of them at one point in the early 2000's, just sold as stand-alone rib racks. I really liked how half slabs fit and went in/out easily. But they were kind of a bear to clean. Each SS holder popped out and their curly-q shape made cleaning a chore. I eventually gave them away to someone here on the forum.

I had two of them at one point in the early 2000's, just sold as stand-alone rib racks. I really liked how half slabs fit and went in/out easily. But they were kind of a bear to clean. Each SS holder popped out and their curly-q shape made cleaning a chore. I eventually gave them away to someone here on the forum.

I agree Chris but the kabobs are awesome.

It was called "Weber Grill Works"
I had a NOS set purchased on eBay a couple of years back.
Liked the skewers, but the rest, as Chris said, looked like a pain to clean.
Never used it, resold it on eBay for $25, which was about what I had paid.
Not my pic, but looked the same:
IMG_8770.jpg

Great info everyone. And let me say that Chris is not messing around when he says these are a bear to clean. After about 40 min of hard scrubbing I ended up with this...!!

ribrack.jpg

Well worth the effort IMO! I generally only smoke a few racks at a time so I will pop most partitions out to make cleanup easier. Now I need to try to find some kebob skewers that would work with it.

Thanks to all - this site is amazing!

Matt almost any kabob holder will work. They just lay across the black frame. I very seldom use the rib rack. If I did, I would spray them with PAM first to aid in the cleaning. Weber also says you can use the rib rack for chicken but I've never tried it.

Back