is it worth it

Mark P

TVWBB Member
My WSM22.5 is about a year old now, through out the year I have done butts,ribs, brisket, abt's ect,. the weather here has its issues,wind, down right cold,hot muggy, ect. I have seen little issues with air leaks through the pos door and top rim being some what out of round, The wife always has her ear to my grumblings so she bought me,us, the nomex felt gasket kit. I put it on yesterday and it seamed easy enough cleaning prepping the metal. Now that its all on and looks ok, I am wondering if the 33 bucks was worth it... Has anyone used the gasket and did it work to your satisfaction? Did it last? did it button up your weapon nice and tight? Did it fall off in the middle of a cook? Thanks for your input..

I have been very pleased with the gasket modifications. It has lowered the cooking temperatures(not too low), stabilized my target temperature and seems to be using less charcoal. I used the www.bbqgaskets.com product and have had no issues with it's durability or falling off.

I am using it on my 18.5 WSM. Apart from a small leak at the door and at the "slot" mod, it's tight. Holds temp well and when I close the dampers it snuffs out the coals. I cut the nomex in half lengthwise and secured it to the lower bulge of the middle section and used the 1/2" size as received on the top lip where the lid rests.

Back