Is Home Depot discontinuing Weber??

I was at the local HD today and talked to the asst. manager of store and he said they are carrying the webers and have some 310s and 320s in the back in SS black and greenthey just got in.

Had a 320 SS with the round ss grill rack on display.
So maybe it is early yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeD:... a 320 SS with the round ss grill rack </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Round rack ? Are you referring to the SS rods that are used for the cooking grate or something else ?

Paul

I bought my 22" green One-Touch before Memorial Day last year from HD. I bought it online to take advantage of free shipping to my home as opposed to Ace's free shipping to the store. The day after I ordered mine, I was looking at HD's website and the model I had ordered was out of stock and stayed that way for the remainder of the year. We have two stores in my area and neither has much Weber inventory. My local Ace store has a pretty extensive inventory both of grills, and accessories. Alas, no WSMs though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul G.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeD:... a 320 SS with the round ss grill rack </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Round rack ? Are you referring to the SS rods that are used for the cooking grate or something else ?

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes they are the grill rack/cooking grate --about 3/8 or less in diameter.

I am in ATL and HD/Lowes also have few Webers. However, a local (not sure if it is national) chain called Barbeques Galore has their entire line with all accessories.

I am still amazed at my Weber Performer...the kettle with built in rolling cart and gas burner to start the coals...12 yrs old, no rust, the cover wore out...so as of now, it is in the elements without any issues.

Of course, my WSM is holding up great...just wish it would not get water inside even with the cover on, under a deck.

Jim, have you tried seam sealer? (I got mine at REI). It's easy to apply and should cure your problem of water seeping through the Weber cover at the seams. Some people just put a trash can bag over the cover.

There's an REI on the I-85 access road (it's one-way, so enter the access road off Clairmont Road) and head southwest if you're in that area. Or, I come south on Roxboro/North Druid Hills Rd, make a left onto Buford Hwy, and a right at the light just past Northeast Plaza onto Briarwood Rd NE. REI is at the right corner when you hit the access road.

Rita

Pretty much the same in Niagara Falls, NY today (Home Depot). Lots of Charbroil and Ducane with a couple others and what seemed to be left over Weber from last year. One other dissapointment was that there weren't any Kingsford twin packs there, only the single, smaller packages.

Bill

I'd stick with Ace. They have plenty of Weber products in stock and more importantly their employees know what they are talking about when compared to home depot employees.

Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd stick with Ace. They have plenty of Weber products in stock and more importantly their employees know what they are talking </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mike,

I couldn't agree more! My local Ace is about a half mile from my house and they almost always have the answers to my questions and most often have what I want in stock or can get it within a day or so. For a small store, they really pack in the inventory and have a large number of Weber products and accessories. Besides, I like shopping locally instead of prowling around HD in futility.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rita Y:
Jim, have you tried seam sealer? (I got mine at REI). It's easy to apply and should cure your problem of water seeping through the Weber cover at the seams. Some people just put a trash can bag over the cover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Rita, but my WSM cover has mesh on the top....so water is going to get in it. I could put a black plastic bag over the WSM first, and then the cover. I guess the water runs down the side of the WSM and since the middle portion rests inside the lower, it runs into the bottom and sits there...maybe a little drain pin hole would work but that would stain my patio with black water I am sure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Jones:

Try flipping the middle section... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

!!!!

It fits! Will see how it holds up when it rains this August.

Donald

My local Safeway grocery store has Smokey Joe Silvers and 22 1/2 inch Weber kettles. The large kettle is black and is selling for $84.95 I think. Not sure of the SJ price.

For Weber grills, Ace is the place around here. Last week, bought a smokey joe platinum in stock for $49.95 (in store price of $69.95, but store honored Ace's on-line price). If your local Ace outlet does not have them in stock, you can buy it online and have it shipped to your local store free!

Back