IQue 110

HE Etheredge

TVWBB Member
Just recieved my IQue 110. My first impressions are good. THe construction seems to be substancial. I am not worried about an occasional drop. There is one small problem I have. I am not able to insert the probe into the guru eyelet, because of the alligator clip. I will be visiting lowes to remedy this problem this weekend. I plan on doing a cook soon and will post my results.

Nice. Let us know how it works out. I ordered mine last week, and UPS said it would be here today, but since it shipped from MO, it's gonna be a while (I heard they got a few inches of snow). UPS website shows it stuck in Kansas. I didnt order the wsm adaptor, I bought it for my bubba keg. But if it works out, the wsm adaptor is gonna be coming my way.

I did notice that the rubber hose smells pretty....well rubbery~
I realize that the hose will have that kind of smell, but its particulary strong. I guess it will go away in time.

I got mine today too. I noticed the same thing, I bet it will go away though. Work has kept me from putting something on the egg to try it out, maybe tomorrow ...

The air hose is custom made by a company that makes respirators for emergency personnel. They wash the hoses in a “pleasant smelling” mint wash to keep the initial users of the respirators from bumming out too much. In a cook or two it smells wonderful!

Well, First cook and it doesn't work. I get error messages within 5 seconds. The book says the temp probe should be warm before it begins to work. I let the probe warm, but it never resolved the error. I assume I recieved a bad probe. I will let you know how customer service is.

Sorry John, I guess I shold have addressed you with the problem I am having. I sent your company and email. I guess the customer service should be pretty good, sense your a member of the forum. I examines the probe and it doesn't seem to have any surface issues. Everything looks good. It doesn't have any creases or noticable defects. Any ideas?

Just a reminder that members can discuss product and support questions amongst themselves in this discussion forum, but it's a violation of discussion forum Terms of Service for John to actively participate in discussion about the product he's selling and supporting.

Don't put John in the awkward position of potentially violating the discussion forum rules...if you have questions for him, please contact him directly by e-mail or via his product website.

Thanks!

Regards,
Chris

In the video that demonstrates how to use this product with a One Touch Silver, two of the vents are taped shut and the adapter covers the third vent. I was wondering if instead of taping one could remove one of the three blades from the One Touch sweeper system. Any thoughts? If it works, it would probably also work with the other ATC systems out there.

Bill

Originally posted by Bill Freiberger:
In the video that demonstrates how to use this product with a One Touch Silver, two of the vents are taped shut and the adapter covers the third vent. I was wondering if instead of taping one could remove one of the three blades from the One Touch sweeper system. Any thoughts? If it works, it would probably also work with the other ATC systems out there.

The tape may help it control heat more efficiently, but I would be curious to see if it worked.

I enjoy mine works like a champ. The fan is so quiet & I haven't figured out how to paint a blade white so I can see it running

Originally posted by estewart:
I enjoy mine works like a champ. The fan is so quiet & I haven't figured out how to paint a blade white so I can see it running

I completely agree. The unit seems to be made extremely well. The quiet fan is a really nice feature. I like to sit outside (unecessarily)with my wsm and the fan going off and on won't disturb my tunes. Can't wait to get the ique back to start cooking with it.

We'll I just got it back today. The reason it took so long was the postman messed up or I wrote the address down wrong. I still blame the postman, but I digress. Once I shipped it the second time, I made sure to include the owners name and suite number Within 6 days, I had a new one at my front door with no questions asked. Everything was easy except for that dang postman.

Can't wait to try it out. I will probably light something up this weekend. Any suggestions?

We'll, I am one cook into my IQue and it performed beautifully. There is a small learning curve related to the vent opening in the bottom of the cooker (the one you attach the ique to). You will need to adjust this per your cooker. The direction say you may need to close this vent by 50% on the 18.5. I found that on my cooker 75% worked great.

A note on the accuracy:
As an engineer I know that we use a great deal of "factors of safety" or multipliers to help with the unforseen. I believe the developer and owner is also using these in discribing the accuracy of the ique. (IMHO) Because of the relatively small size of his company, he is giving an accuracy of +/- 10 degrees. I think he does this to cover potential warantee issues. (IMHO) I believe this ique is A LOT MORE ACCURATE than this.

This thing works incredibly well. Although it doesn't have internet hook up, you will be extremely pleased with its performance.

I will be checking this post every so often, so if you have a question about the ique, let me know.

I am a few cooks in now and would like to give an update. When you first start the minion and put the lid on, the ique will take the cooker 10 to 20 deg above your set point. It will allow the cooker to drop back down to 10 or so degrees below your set point. THis is when it gets serious. It will bring it back to your set temp and there it stays.

I have played around a little witht he top vent. I noticed that the ique does fine with the vent open about a 1/4 of the way but performs best witht the vent around 1/8. It does work with the vent 1/2 open but will run on the hot side.

Someone asked if I noticed any creosote taste on my food due to the small opening in the vent. I cannot. I use royal oak lump and pecan smoke. I occationally use apple.

Back