Interior cabinet replacement hinges

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
Anyone have a good source?

Many are failing internally and the plastic piece parts inside the hinge bind the hinge and then break. Hinges still work but not well.

I'd like to replace some with a soft close. Maybe all depending on the cost.

Most look like this. These are nice that they have a release so If I need to pull the cabinet face off it comes off quickly.

20211023_114510.jpg

20211023_114635.jpg

I did this to my last house, I bought mine at HD they had them in a large bag to reduce cost. I did this over a couple of my weekends. For mine the pocket hole on the door had to be inlarged so I made up a gig to rebore these holes on my bench drill press.
I have no idea of cost in today's market, good luck.

I would probably take one off and bring it to home depot or Lowe's and try to match it up size wise with a new one. I'm sure your goal is to not have this turn into a major woodworking project.

You could try Amazon for "replacement cabinet hinges"
Also you could try here.

They look like Mepla which is the same as Grass hinges.

I just replaced a pair of soft close hinges on one of our kitchen cabinet doors. Got them at Home Depot for $12 for the pair. Had a picture of the hinge on my phone to show the employee so we could match it up. Look at the fine print on the current hardware - mine showed 3/4 and 110, referring to the width of the support board and the degree of swinging open. Swapping them out was easy but I needed a second pair of hands (my wonderful wife) to support the door while I put the screws in.

Last edited:
I just replaced a pair of soft close hinges on one of our kitchen cabinet doors. Got them at Home Depot for $12 for the pair. Had a picture of the hinge on my phone to show the employee so we could match it up. Look at the fine print on the current hardware - mine showed 3/4 and 110, referring to the width of the support board and the degree of swinging open. Swapping them out was easy but I needed a second pair of hands (my wonderful wife) to support the door while I put the screws in.

Thanks. I'm going to need more than a pair. Hoping to find these for a bit less than $6 each, but maybe not.

Thanks. I'm going to need more than a pair. Hoping to find these for a bit less than $6 each, but maybe not.
once you find the exact product/model/sku, call a local cabinet shop and see if they can bulk order you what you need.

Back