Interesting Site... Check it out

I wonder how the probes would work on the hm. They sell them for 14 and water-resistant ones for 23. Other than that 225 a bit expensive for what you get compared to what the hm can do.

It kinda looks like they just put some shrink tubing around the junction where the cable goes in the probes on their "Water Resistant" probes...

I wonder how the probes would work on the hm. They sell them for 14 and water-resistant ones for 23. Other than that 225 a bit expensive for what you get compared to what the hm can do.

From what I can tell, it's a monitor only device, which makes it nothing more than a wireless thermometer with 4 probes. The Heatermeter is designed to keep your cooker at a set temperature through the use of a fan and/or servo.

...giving you the luxury of perfectly cooked food and greatly satisfied party guest...
FFFFFffff... why didn't I build that into HeaterMeter? I hope you didn't patent luxury of greatly satisfying party guest. HeaterMeter may be designed in the USA but it is assembled in whatever country you live in so it's at least, like, 50% domestic product
emot-v.gif

Also, first post P Fountain of Stilwell, Kansas where the company that makes this product is from? Shame on you.

Grocery Receipt for 1 smoking session
12 pound flat brisket.. $59.88
6 slabs of pork ribs …..$71.76
Lighter fluid…………… $6.87
Brisket Rub….………… $18.00
Rib Rub………………… $21.00

Charcoal…………………$20.00
Total…………………… $197.51
Time(15 hours)……… $$$$$$

Tappecue Cost……….. $199.00

Lighter fluid.................hell no lol

Bryan,
Thanks for the insinuation but I have nothing to do with the company. As I stated my wife came across this and found it very similar to the heater meter that I built almost 2 years ago. My personal thought is that they were attempting to commercialize something that you and many others have invested a great deal of time and knowledge in (shame on them). As for me, I enjoy reading the posts on this board and have referred many people to it. Sorry I have not had a lot of time to accumulate posts, but I have been busy going to graduate school and building my own gravity feed smoker. Thanks for the implication that I have done something wrong other than share information.

I didn't mean to insult you either, but the circumstance is a bit odd, first time poster from the same local as this product posts a link to the product page... you know what they say about when you assume.... LOL
Have a good one....

Grocery Receipt for 1 smoking session
12 pound flat brisket.. $59.88
6 slabs of pork ribs …..$71.76
Lighter fluid…………… $6.87
Brisket Rub….………… $18.00
Rib Rub………………… $21.00

Charcoal…………………$20.00
Total…………………… $197.51
Time(15 hours)……… $$$$$$

Tappecue Cost……….. $199.00

Lighter fluid.................hell no lol

There's something very wrong with that grocery list...

Someone forgot the beer!

This device has been actively discussed on the pelletheads site. I have watched this device carefully.

The biggest problem I have seen with this device is that it reports to the tappecue website and then you connect to that site to get the data. In other words this is not a standalone device. If you didn't have internet in your cook location you would have no use for this device.

I will tell you that the company and its owner have been very responsive on the pelletheads forums with responses to inquiries so they have great customer service from what I can tell.

The lack of standalone was a deal killer for me.

Neil

Back