Interesting News On The Lodge Sportsman

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I decided to put this here because it's charcoal related.
Yesterday I was on the Lodge web site looking for something unrelated to the Sportsman. But I did run across the listing for the Sportsman, It showed "out of stock" showing a price of $125. I understand that the Sportsman was discontinued. The web site has a live chat program where you can ask questions so I inquired to see if the sportsman truly had be discontinued.
The response was yes it had be discontinued but they were coming out with a new version in 2022.
I know some of you were interested in getting one so I thought you might find that interesting.
I did find a couple on EBay that were new in the $300 price range, but I'm not that interested at that price, although I would love to find one.

Thanks for sharing this! When I chatted with them ~2 months ago they said it was not discontinued. I'll stop checking, now, and wait for an announcement on a new one.

If I wanted to spend that amount of money, the PKGO seems cool.

I'm going to guess they will porcelain coat the main body parts (at least the outside) and maybe make the grilling height more adjustable. These are fun to play with. I occasionally use mine next to my firepit and shovel hot coals from the pit to the lodge for making fireside snacks.

Back