Interesting Grill Brush

If you use a hard scraper i.e. a Billy Bar on porcelain coated grates you'll ruin the coating. One more reason I stick with the brass Libman brushes. They don't leave bristles, they don't hurt the grates, and they clean effectively.
On my gas grills though if there isn't much on them I don't brush at all. I simply wet paper towels after they're really hot, wipe them down and the steam blasts anything off and the towel wipes it away

I don’t like porcelain grates for that very reason my friend. I speak enamel (porcelain) fluently and cannot agree with you more!
The “hard scrape” style of tool will cause serious damage, remember “Enamel is glass!” Warnings on major appliance boxes. Impact or abuse will damage it! Steel wool, unless you use coarse material is fine(4x0) won’t hurt as all as long as you have some moisture involved. Just a spray of water of Windex (my choice on my stovetop or a final cleaning of a grill lid or bowl for a deep cleaning)
The Billy bar is my daily pre cook tool, if I think of it I use it post cook too…IF I think of it!

Honestly especially on really high temp grills like coal burners or gas I don't like them at all. Just too easy to damage. They're what I have on the pellet grills though. And there I LOVE them. I'm typically not cooking at as intense a heat or for as long a time. But on the pits they are WONDERFUL. Clean up easy. Hell I can even clean them cold (and regularly do with a nylon brush). Prefer stainless over all else though and if I could get SS in my pellet cookers I surely would

I've been using this MR. Bar-B-Q forged stainless steel grill brush for about 15 years. Never lost a bristle. The head is replaceable. I use one end of brush head for about a season or so and flip it. Getting harder to find good quality replacement heads. A few swipes before and after a cook while grate is hot keeps the grate pretty clean. I like the flat scrape end takes out chunks easily.

Mr Bar-B-Q grill brush forged stainles steel.jpg

Tried these no matter the brand the long thin wire stem simply bends under pressure and nothing gets accomplished
I tried a few and didn't like because of this exact reason, then tried this one:

Higly recommended, this is my go-to brush now. Heavy duty LONG handle that you can apply pressure to, and the bend in the handle makes it a lot more ergonomic.

Just bought 3, as they are sometime hard to get.

image.jpgBut when I'm rehabbing old nasty grills that have been neglected I use this on the stainless grates and pretty much everything in the cookbox including the cookbox

Back