Interesting go anywhere stuff

Bought an Used - Like New CGA from Amazon because of you, Joe, George, Jepprey, and others! Looks to be just the right size for two, and i'm lovin' the mods and hacks...doing my research now, maybe you can point me in the right direction? I'm in Sponge(Bob) Mode!

Bought an Used - Like New CGA from Amazon because of you, Joe, George, Jepprey, and others! Looks to be just the right size for two, and i'm lovin' the mods and hacks...doing my research now, maybe you can point me in the right direction? I'm in Sponge(Bob) Mode!
It is a great size for 2 people. It feels like total over kill to light the kettle for a couple of steaks, dogs, burgers. I also love how much closer the coals are to the food for searing, not to mention using very little fuel. Everything fits in the utility sink to clean, and portable. If you check the board there are lots of links to YouTube vids that have all the "standard" mods, like cutting the grate which is hands down my favorite.

Thanks, Joe. I see the advantages! What I like most about it is that you can fit everything you need including charcoal in a small, compact package, and like you say firing up the kettle is overkill for a couple of steaks or burgers. I love the taste of charcoal but a gasser is just too easy (even though it's overkill, too) so I think with this addition I'll be more inclined to cook with coal more often. It's kind of like the Swiss Army Knife of portables the way you can pack it up.

Thanks, Joe. I see the advantages! What I like most about it is that you can fit everything you need including charcoal in a small, compact package, and like you say firing up the kettle is overkill for a couple of steaks or burgers. I love the taste of charcoal but a gasser is just too easy (even though it's overkill, too) so I think with this addition I'll be more inclined to cook with coal more often. It's kind of like the Swiss Army Knife of portables the way you can pack it up.
My problem is that I clean it a little too good between cooks so I am hesitant to get it dirty again😁

Shipping to CA is 45,99 € / $50.31 USD.

With the stacker/riser (Roti Holder / STACK Premium - 79,90 € / $87.41 USD) the total is 125,89 € / $137.71 USD.

I paid with a credit card. It looks like they accept the usual suspects (Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, etc.).

View attachment 46966
Well, if I can get to them I would order it. That's an acceptable price to me. Or do I just go and order it online ?

Ok, I will do. Unfortunately I have some medical issue come up so will have to delay the purchase. Shouldn't be anything to critical according to the doc, in office visits but needs to be attended to. So till I feel good about my situation, I'm delaying everything. Thanks for all the help jepprey and others.

Ok, I will do. Unfortunately I have some medical issue come up so will have to delay the purchase. Shouldn't be anything to critical according to the doc, in office visits but needs to be attended to. So till I feel good about my situation, I'm delaying everything. Thanks for all the help jepprey and others.
No worries, George, and I wish you a speedy recovery. The stack/insert will be there when you are ready to purchase it.

In the meantime, I'll keep you updated on my purchase and shipment process to the U.S. with Zifa Grills.

It looks like the shipment will arrive in the U.S. via DHL and then is handed off to USPS for final delivery. Here are the screenshots for my shipment as of now:

DHL.png
USPS.png

Attachments

• DHL.png
    DHL.png
    295.9 KB · Views: 1
Be well George! I hope it isnt serious,

Well, zifa has not replied back. I will try again next week and go from there. A company not replying makes me suspect anyway. A friend said today that he may know a guy so he will look at the pics and go from there.
This post is to appologize to zifa. A few moments ago I found that my post to them did not go through. Not sure why but I cant expect them to reply if they didn't get it. So sorry zifa.

I saw someplace that a person took the burner and deflector from the gas GA and put it in a charcoal GA. That seems like a better idea as the vents on the charcoal are more flexible than the gas version. It was removeable with a little cover for the hole.

I saw someplace that a person took the burner and deflector from the gas GA and put it in a charcoal GA. That seems like a better idea as the vents on the charcoal are more flexible than the gas version. It was removeable with a little cover for the hole.
I had not seen or heard of that mod but it's certainly a way to do it. Two holes will need to be made. One to hold the closed end of the tube and a bigger one for the tube itself. Well, I certainly may do that for fun but I have more gas bodies than any charcoal bodies I would be willing to sacrifice.

Not sure if allowed to post a link to Facebook, but there is a page for Go Anywhere group - mostly Australian and New Zealand and European folks, but they are doing some great cooks on this little cooker.

Not sure if allowed to post a link to Facebook, but there is a page for Go Anywhere group - mostly Australian and New Zealand and European folks, but they are doing some great cooks on this little cooker.
It is fine to post links and I am a member in that group;-) The grill seems much more popular in Europe than here. Just like the Q is way more popular in Australia and NZ. In fact Weber sell stuff for the Qs over there that they don't sell here.

It is fine to post links and I am a member in that group;-) The grill seems much more popular in Europe than here. Just like the Q is way more popular in Australia and NZ. In fact Weber sell stuff for the Qs over there that they don't sell here.
So true. I would love to have some of those Go Anywhere accessories. I belong to the group too and now probably cook more on the CGA than any of my other grills, especially because I cook for just two of us now. not just hunks o' meat, but skewers and veggies and chilies for salsa. etc, etc.

Back