Indirect boneless thighs with pesto pasta

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
First off…RIP Robbie Robertson and this is my favorite tune from The Last Waltz. IMG_2613.pngWanted something different tonight…mix my needs with some kids needs (carbs). Started with my carbs!IMG_2611.jpegIndirect thighs with some light smokeIMG_2612.jpegGot the color and temps and pulled and prepped the pasta!IMG_2614.jpegIMG_2615.jpegKept this all simple. Pasta with some olive oil and pesto and Caesar salad!IMG_2616.jpegCheers!!

Looking real good........cooking super hot indirect with the baskets on either side is one of my favorites too......lots of heat.
The Band is also one of the MRS and my favorites, we love them we have all the records, the last waltz, live with Dylan and a double live album as well.
We had a couple cocktails while cooking last night....we listened to the live record and their first album.....we did the last waltz last weekend.
Fun Fact.
The next county over from me is where Rick Danko is from....I have to drive about 20 minutes and I am in his old stomping grounds.
They had 1 sign erected on only 1 of the highways in tribute to him, it is kinda cool.

Robbie was awesome, if you haven't watched the documentary on the Band the I would recommend it.....I think maybe Garth Hudson might be the only one left??????

Robbie died the same day as Jerry Garcia, 28 years later. No doubt they were friends here, and probably making music "there."

That's an awesome cook Richard and the photos are simply amazing

Once were brothers

This is the documentary I was referring to a few posts ago.
Robbie kind of runs the show on this one but its pretty interesting, especially if you like the band.
Not sure where you can stream it, I don't watch a lot of TV and don't have a lot of options for searching for things like this.
I am sure google will let you know.

Robbie died the same day as Jerry Garcia, 28 years later. No doubt they were friends here, and probably making music "there."

That's an awesome cook Richard and the photos are simply amazing
That's crazy. I did not realize they died on the same date.

I also was not in the know..........I try to be a bit of nerd when it comes to music........I guess things like that never cross my mind.
Interesting.

Once were brothers

This is the documentary I was referring to a few posts ago.
Robbie kind of runs the show on this one but its pretty interesting, especially if you like the band.
Not sure where you can stream it, I don't watch a lot of TV and don't have a lot of options for searching for things like this.
I am sure google will let you know.
Yes, I watched that documentary a couple years ago...very good. Too bad they didn't stay together a bit longer.

Well it was the 70's they were together for a while 12 - 15 years?????
Also the drugs.......which when watching the documentary you found out who used and who did not.
Garth the last survivor I think.....did not, Robbie also made it fairly clear he was on the better path.

Great looking thighs etc. and add my tribute to Robbie Robertson. One more of those jolts as our "contemporary" music artists depart one by one. Each leaves a small hole in my heart.

Back