In the Skyline Club!

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
My good friend, across the street neighbor, and founding member of Steak Club moved out of the area recently. The day he and his wife hit the road with the last of their stuff, he wheeled his Skyline across the street for me. He and I had collaborated on finding him a decent grill on CL while they were in two houses for several months, and this one had been up at the other house during that time ($25 CL buy, and in pretty decent shape to be honest!) Anyway, in the final move, he took his Summit to the new house, and I became the proud owner of his Skyline. I've got plans to do a full restoration on this one, but I've got two other grills to do first. So, today, I listened to my company all hands meeting while I did a minor break down on the Skyline, removed/cleaned the burners, swapped manifolds, wire brushed the flavorizers, installed a new ceramic igniter, replaced the broken thermometer, and removed a bunch of crud. Over 500 degrees in 6.5 minutes, she cooks! My propane tank is almost empty, so I'm just doing a burn off right now, but I've got my daily driver until she's ready to get her make over.

You've all seen 'em, but here's mine:

1628549995663.jpeg

1628550007286.jpeg

Well How about me? I got this one for free. It looks like it never had been cleaned and was looking for numerous new parts for a proper restoration. I needed a three burner for my camp site so I cleaned and painted up this at zero dollars invested. (correction,,, I did buy a new igniter).
Cooked last weekend for the first time and it works great.

Attachments

• IMG_20210705_120010816.jpg
    IMG_20210705_120010816.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Skyline complete 2.jpg
    Skyline complete 2.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Skyline complete 1.jpg
    Skyline complete 1.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 19
  • weber skyline 1.jpg
    weber skyline 1.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Weber skyline 2.jpg
    Weber skyline 2.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 18
Well How about me? I got this one for free. It looks like it never had been cleaned and was looking for numerous new parts for a proper restoration. I needed a three burner for my camp site so I cleaned and painted up this at zero dollars invested. (correction,,, I did buy a new igniter).
Cooked last weekend for the first time and it works great.
That cleaned up really well, Tim! Like the red accents, too! 👍🏼

Yah, I agree. It is a frankengrill. I think I have another Skyline out back though.

Car lovers would call it a Rat Rod. Kudos for getting the 13-bar in there, though. I admire your pluck!

Here's a member of the Craftsman's Club (note the front bumper and radiator ornaments).

1628569518646.png

Last edited:
But...but...one end of the lid says Genesis Platinum and the other says Skyline Series!

I'm so confused!

In my best Yosemite Sam voice: "Now hold on there just a Gol-darned minute!"

That Platinum badge won't fit the lid. SOMEONE had to DELIBERATELY and with forethought cut the posts off the badge and silicone it in place!

I hesitate to say it was Bruce...the MAN, the MYTH, the LEGEND...but I have my suspicions!

Back