In A Perfect World....

Bob H.

TVWBB Hall of Fame
On Thanksgiving night, the Chicago Bears missed their turkey dinner for a game at Lambeau Field. But I have a feeling that something else made up for that missed meal.
Come from behind, Chicago Bears 17 Green Bay Packers 13. Now that is a Thanksgiving feast if ever there was one, during a season with a very rough start. Well done Chicago Bears.

Growing up in the Burbs of Chicago I've always been a Cubs and Bears fan. But not like a host of others who hated Green Bay they were my second most liked team, always thought the were a class act with a great loyal fan base.
Watched the game and the retiring of Bret Farve's # 4. I thought the fans were great with the welcome they gave him seeing all the controversy that went on about him when he left.

On Thanksgiving night, the Chicago Bears missed their turkey dinner for a game at Lambeau Field. But I have a feeling that something else made up for that missed meal.
Come from behind, Chicago Bears 17 Green Bay Packers 13. Now that is a Thanksgiving feast if ever there was one, during a season with a very rough start. Well done Chicago Bears.
The game definitely helped make yesterday one of the best Thanksgivings ever!;)

The Bears aren't there yet but they're moving in the right direction, especially considering how this season started. If one or two of those close losses to Detroit, Minnesota, and Denver had gone the other way they'd be a serious playoff contender, and the games of late have given some reasons for real hope for the future. Plus winning was some nice payback for the Packers' win in Chicago the night the Bears retired the numbers of Gale Sayers and Dick Butkus.

Growing up in the Burbs of Chicago I've always been a Cubs and Bears fan. But not like a host of others who hated Green Bay they were my second most liked team, always thought the were a class act with a great loyal fan base. Watched the game and the retiring of Bret Farve's # 4. I thought the fans were great with the welcome they gave him seeing all the controversy that went on about him when he left.
I've always had a healthy dislike of the Packers but my most hated division rival is the Vikings. Back in the 1970s, especially the pre-Payton years, the Vikings dominated the division and Chicago, Detroit, and Green Bay were the also-rans, and it was seeing the Vikings constantly win that really chafed.

Your description of the Packers as a class act should include the following disclaimer: "except for the Forrest Gregg years".

Last edited:
Ancestrally I'm tied to WI as my predecessors who immigrated here some 130 or so years ago eventually settled around Black River Falls. My dad was born and raised in Walworth and my mom's family moved there in the late 1950s after stints in Minneapolis and Indianapolis, so even though I grew up in northern IL (some of my cousins and I were the first generation on my dad's side to not have been born in WI) I spent a lot of time here. When I took my present job in Madison almost 26 years ago one of the primary reasons was to escape the Chicago area and move to somewhere where I felt much more at home.

Back