igrill 2 users here?

NeilH

TVWBB Emerald Member
Any igrill2 users here? I was curious if any of you have one and your thought on it? I'm using a Maverick 732 that I've had a couple years but wondered if an upgrade to this or anything else be worthwhile?

I just got the Igrill mini. Haven't had the chance to use it, but I'll let everyone know what I think when I do.

I have the 4 probe iGrilll. The app is NOT compatible with my tablets, my windows netbook or most of my Android phones. Useless POS! ;-(

Rich, since you're not happy with it, and Neil would like one.......
Just a thought,
Tim

I have one. I really like how it maps temps and you can export it. Unfortunately the export has a data point like every 15 seconds so longer cooks give way too much data to Excel. I need to figure out how to summarize it. Since it is bluetooth it doesn't have the best range. I can use it upstairs in my house but if I go to my office downstairs there must be interference from all the other bluetooth devices there and I lose the connection. The good part is that all the graphing data is maintained on the base the probes are attached to so that when you get close again they reconnect and you still have the graph of it all. I like it a lot and will be using it often. My only disappointment with it is the range. I use an iPad air with it so you know.

Good info Shawn. I do have a question about if it would keep signal through walls. I will be within 20 feet at most times but wonder if the signal will hold. I have a Bose Bluetooth speaker that loses signal from going inside.

Last edited:
id definitely recommend it, esp when you consider the flexibility of 4 probes. also you can always get 15-20% off via codes from bbq central or the idevices email list or facebook page. if i did it again id get a 20% off code and buy whatever combination of products gets you everything you would want. i like mine and like the graphs you get. i have trouble exporting the csv file, but havent spent much time figuring out how to solve that issue. range is limited, but reconnects easily (ios) when youre back close enough and so far ive had dependable results with it which is all im looking for...something that works consistently. one day ill get the ambient probe for it, but havent pulled the trigger on it just yet, hence my recommendation to just get it all at once.

I have the full sized one which works perfectly with my Droid Maxx. Range is good to about 40' even through my closed patio door. Accurracy is spot on when comparing with my Themapen. My Mavericks just weren't dependable enough and I kept losing the signal that the igrill doesn't lose.

Back