Ignore a thread

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Is there away to ignore/eliminate a thread from showing in the list of ‘what’s new’ or ‘new posts’? Some topics that seem to have grown legs around here lately simply do not interest me. I’d like to just not have to look past them every time I ck the site. Kinda like ‘get off my lawn’ I guess.

Background: I live at the end of a two mile stretch of county road that dead ends at my property line. Several other properties fan out from this dead end as well. There are a few properties to my south so instead of having a succession of access roads, there is one access road along the edge of my land, then the next, and the next, snaking thru the foothills to those properties one after another.

One day, I heard a noise on the private access road. I went out front and in a few minutes sure enough here comes a guy in shorts, flip flops, no helmet, riding his definitely not street legal, motorcycle on my and other’s land. He stopped and said, “May I help you?” I must have looked at him strangely. I mean here’s a guy trespassing on my and other’s land asking if he can help me. LOL. I explained his transgressions and he said, “Call the cops. See if they can catch me.” What a jack wagon. ...anyway.

I guess the point I am making is: I live at the end of a county road at the foothills of the Appalachian Mnt on purpose. I really don’t want a lot of traffic out in front of my place. Likewise, there are some topics that seem very popular to others that I just don’t want to have to sift thru.

When I called the Sheriff I wanted to be able to say no guns were involved. Besides, it was just a jerk on a motorcycle taking a joy ride. No need to combat a housefly with a howitzer. If he came into my house I assure you that would be a different story.

Hi Dwain,

When I saw your post, I thought I'd quickly find this feature and post a reply telling you how to use it. To my great surprise, it turns out Xenforo does not have an ignore post feature. I find that hard to believe, but it's true. It's #2 on the list of most wanted features from Xenforo site operators.

There may be an add-on from a third party that provides this function. Let me do some research.

To clarify, our previous software and our new software both have the ability to ignore a user. Neither had the ability to ignore posts or forums.

Back