If you could only have one sauce....

JasonG

TVWBB Member
It can be either a small commercially produced sauce or a huge nationally available brand but if you could only have one which one would it be?

Only rule is it CANNOT be something you make yourself (as good as No 5 is it wouldn't count in this informal poll).

Which one is it?

Head Country Original.
icon_smile.gif

It can be either a small commercially produced sauce or a huge nationally available brand but if you could only have one which one would it be?

Impossible for me to respond, as I make my sauces as required. I do not use commercial sauces except as an ingredient such as tomato, hoi sin, oyster, soy etc.

A friend gave me a sauce called moonshine madness. Now I eat hot and spicy having lived in Asia for 5 years and spending another few travelling all over Asia, this sauce was that hot that it made paint stripper look like water. You could use it for oven cleaner.

However having said that we do not have the range of BBQ sauces available in Australia than you guys have in North America

Regards

i must concur with hank, sweet baby ray's hot'n spicy ftw. what sucks is that back in fl you can get it in sam's in big bottles, but i can only find little bottles here in cali.

Originally posted by Ben Setzer:
PeeDee River Swamp Sauce. The best of the three North Carolina regions!!!

Now i've never had this sauce, but the name cracks me up.

Been using Head Country Original lately and the family seems to enjoy it. For some reason I still think it smells like cocktail sauce you'd serve with a shrimp cocktail. Maybe I'm crazy which is entirely possible.

Originally posted by Rick Kramer:
I'm stayin' outta this one ...
icon_wink.gif

I saw this string...your name...and couldn't wait to see the response
icon_smile.gif

I'll cover it for ya pal...

My family would disown me, take away all my cookers, lock me up, force me to eat boiled ribs covered in Kraft on the days I wasn't fed lettuce and tofu, if i were to choose ANYTHING but good ol' BLUES HOG.

*although I'll give honorable mentiones to Head Country and Head's Red (two very different products, just similar names). *

Back