If You Could Grill Anywhere............?

We used to camp with the kids in West Virginia along a river outside Elkins. I’d love to grill on my own piece of property on that river.

For the time being, my own back yard will suffice.

I've always wanted to grill outside the Howard's Creek Lodge at the Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia. Some eagle-eyed longtime PBS viewers may recognize it as the place where Steven Raichlen's first show, Barbecue University, was filmed! I've always loved the look of the place ever since I saw it on TV, so I definitely wanna visit it someday.

I understand the original question of the thread and my mind wanders to different scenic/iconic places to grill (or bbq) and I keep coming back to not where, but when.

Both my sons are grown and gone and I'd dearly love to re-live some of the best Sundays we've had as a family with some good steaks or ribs for Sunday dinner in our own back yard.

Down in the Keys, there is a motel on the Gulf side called Popp's. We used to stay there and fish by boat during the day and fish off their dock by night. We always had the dock to ourselves. It was always so beautiful, peaceful and quiet. Would love to go there and grill our catch of the day,
Don't mean to be a "Party Pooper" but I called Popp's. They only do long term rentals now. :cry:

Well, anywhere with all you Guys and Gals would be my first choice but if you turned me down I'd want to be with Steven Raichlen and his friend Frank Ostini at the Hitching Post... a beef Ribeye on his Santa Maria.
You already answered this. Makes sense to me. 😋

Back