Idiots Everywhere

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
From the Waukesha (Wisconsin) Freeman Facebook page....

BLOTTER

SUNDAY

5:36 p.m. – A caller in the 400 block of North Grandview Boulevard reported a grill fell over and the fence, which connects to a house, was on fire. It was found that a man was grilling chicken and a piece of chicken fell on the ground and he took the tongs and threw the piece of chicken. The chicken must have hit leaves, starting them on fire, which in turn started the fence, recycling bin and the side of a house on fire. The fire department was able to put the fire out with a garden hose. The owner was contacted.

Subscribe to The Freeman: www.gmtoday.com/fb4

Bet he was using a lit drumstick soaked in vodka to light the coals and he dropped it....Ya think. Sounds about as good as his story.

That it is, last spring the city decided to redo the street and the guys were replacing all of them and I just asked if they could drop one off, when they brought it up in a backhoe, I had him leave it in the front yard, it was several months before I got everything sorted out and moved into it’s spot.
Fired it up last Saturday, burned a few hours, cleaned up lots of deadfall and spoor from the walnut tree. Holds a lot of heat!

Back