I would like to replace the work table on my Spririt E-310 with a side burner

SamC

Does anyone have any suggestions for whether or not this is feasible? I've seen a video on youtube about doing this; the burner used came from another Weber grill. Is my best bet to find a used grill that has a compatible burner or is there someplace online to acquire one that will fit? How would I know if one is compatible with my 8-10 year old grill? I've considered buying a camp stove that burns propane and bringing it out when I need it. Either way I'll need to split the output from the propane tank.

Thanks!

I believe you just need to find another similar model but with the extra side burner on it. Then just take the parts off you need.

The problem is that I have no idea what a similar model might be. If I go to someplace like ereplacementparts I don't know what to look for as it's not a replacement. Maybe I'll email Weber.

Hi Sam, Thanks for the picture. I would try to find a Genesis Silver or Gold "C" side burner for your application.

Put the side burner where your plastic table is.

IMG_2024.JPG

I can't think of a reason why you couldn't put a burner on the left, but it does get hot over there, from being so close to the cookbox and because the cookbox is bolted to the frame crossmember on that side. You might end up with a melted igniter rocker or the stainless burner cover getting hot enough to burn your hand if you touch it without gloves...or not.

I can't think of a reason why you couldn't put a burner on the left, but it does get hot over there, from being so close to the cookbox and because the cookbox is bolted to the frame crossmember on that side. You might end up with a melted igniter rocker or the stainless burner cover getting hot enough to burn your hand if you touch it without gloves...or not.
It is just a long way to run a hose around a hot "box". It could be done. A member here did and used stainless steel (appliance) line to run around the fire box. He posted photos of it as well

If you want the extra burner, I would look for a grill designed for one. Otherwise, you wind up using up a lot of your shelf space.
But, they sell the stainless covered propane line on Amazon and as long as the burner fits on the left which I understand it does, you should be able to do it.

Thank you all for your suggestions and input. I think I need to evaluate how often I'd actually use it. At the moment I can see two scenarios: power outages (Florida and hurricanes) and blackening fish in a cast-iron frying pan. I may end up getting a camp-type stove that uses propane and connecting it when needed.

Thank you all for your suggestions and input. I think I need to evaluate how often I'd actually use it. At the moment I can see two scenarios: power outages (Florida and hurricanes) and blackening fish in a cast-iron frying pan. I may end up getting a camp-type stove that uses propane and connecting it when needed.

I think that is a better plan. That is a nice grill, but you would be pushing it pretty far. I agree that if you really want a built in side burner to go with an older Genesis that already has it and sell off this one.

Back