I will just leave this here

I think you got a great deal on a newer Weber. Really good deal.
Let us know how the clean up goes and how it cooks for you.

My gas tank gauge needs some adjustment- can anyone point me in the right direction?

This is the tank completely empty- the Weber grill gauge reads 3/4 full- I remember it used to be pretty accurate:
410AC50B-CB58-457E-A430-8AE2ADE346E2.jpeg

The fist time it happened I thought it was because I wasn’t paying attention so I am being more careful.

The Lowes gas gauge isn’t much better- reads 1/2 to 1/4 full and then goes right to empty

It's likely fine. Give it a good spray down with some spray like BrakeKleen, and then give a shot of a decent lube maybe WD 40 pay attention to all moving parts. My dad's was the same way. Shot of WD40 cleared the issue up. Also as things age that hose gets a little stiff and won't allow the scale to change either

It's likely fine. Give it a good spray down with some spray like BrakeKleen, and then give a shot of a decent lube maybe WD 40 pay attention to all moving parts. My dad's was the same way. Shot of WD40 cleared the issue up. Also as things age that hose gets a little stiff and won't allow the scale to change either
Thanks- I’ll give it a look see this weekend- I just refurbished the rest of the grill and gave the gauge a good spray down with pb blaster a few months ago.

The Weber branded hose and regulator are brandy new.

Just checking with a newer (not full) tank and the “needle” part of the gauge has some play-I can raise it about an inch before feeling any tension.

That amount of play wouldn’t explain 3/4 full reading on empty though, right?

Appreciate your response.

I just use the tank gauge as a tank holder. I never pay attention to the reading. They are not a very accurate design and after 20 years, rust, gunk and simply metal fatique will all impact their accuracy further. I simply use a feel test when I think it is getting close to empty and I always have a spare tank on hand to swap in if it goes empty in the middle of a cook.
Cleaning and lubing your current gauge as Larry explains will help for sure. Also, I think there is a wing nut on the top or bottom of the bracket that is used to put tension on the spring allowing you to "calibrate" the gauge. Just don't expect accuracy like you get on the fuel gauge on a car.

My gas tank gauge needs some adjustment- can anyone point me in the right direction?

This is the tank completely empty- the Weber grill gauge reads 3/4 full- I remember it used to be pretty accurate:
View attachment 59010

The fist time it happened I thought it was because I wasn’t paying attention so I am being more careful.

The Lowes gas gauge isn’t much better- reads 1/2 to 1/4 full and then goes right to empty
John, if you want to adjust it the instructions for doing it are in the owners manual. If you don't have it you can look it up on weber's website. Basically you have to tighten or loosen the wing nut on top of the scale until the pointer reads to empty with the empty tank on the scale.

John, if you want to adjust it the instructions for doing it are in the owners manual. If you don't have it you can look it up on weber's website. Basically you have to tighten or loosen the wing nut on top of the scale until the pointer reads to empty with the empty tank on the scale.
Steve- that’s it.

Checked the trusty owners manual-

DDB1BA51-C6DA-4243-8481-E0D59B96539B.jpeg

Nice grill. The side tables have no frame support so don’t lift it off the truck by the tables.

Easy grills to work on. Big enough for a whole neighborhood cook.
Thanks. Yeah we grabbed it by the frame to get it down safely.

Stripped it down immediately and spread everything out on a tarp in the back yard. Thunderstorms all day so it got a good soaking. Hit the parts with the hose and most of the crud came off so I think the final cleaning will be pretty easy. We'll see. Cleaned up the burners inside the house with a brass brush and steel wool. Got the firebox about 90% done before dark, tomorrow the rest of it.

Nope, just a regular genesis 1000 with a red lid and snap on logo.
I saw a kettle listed recently with a Uline logo on the lid. My company buys supplies from uline, and mostly we get maglite flashlights, sometimes a cooler.

To get a Weber kettle it must take some serious buying power.

I saw a kettle listed recently with a Uline logo on the lid. My company buys supplies from uline, and mostly we get maglite flashlights, sometimes a cooler.

To get a Weber kettle it must take some serious buying power.
Speak of the devil, I've never heard of Uline before and here's one of those grills.Screenshot_20220909-004651_Chrome.jpg

Back